Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom_marine666

what the most disgusting/weirdest boss you ever played.

The Ghost boss from Capcom's The Great Circus Mystery.

I'm serious. when I saw that boss, I turned off my SNES in horror and fled.

What's up with Contra: Shattered Soldier and babies?

An old classic weird boss most of us saw was Birdo, that egg spitting dinosaur from Mario 2.

Apparently, original manual reads: "he thinks he is a girl and spits eggs from his mouth." Weirdness enhanced tenfold!

SandGator said:

A lot of games looking for a quick mindfuck go the baby route. It's a human instinct not to harm a baby, or the likeness of one. so make one evil and make it a boss or something and you got instant scary.

bonus points if it cries like one when it dies.

Csonicgo said:

lol I don't think I ever got that far

SandGator said:

An old classic weird boss most of us saw was Birdo, that egg spitting dinosaur from Mario 2.

Apparently, original manual reads: "he thinks he is a girl and spits eggs from his mouth." Weirdness enhanced tenfold!

Didn't help that the music was also creepy as hell.

This series has some real crazy bosses. Not creepy, just all gonzo batshit insane stuff. In fact, the entire game is like that:
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/metalslug/metalslug.htm

My favorite boss is the huge evil cyber excavator-machinery that rises out from the ground and follows you up a long vertical tunnel/shaft while you (hopefully) manage to stay alive and in control of a powered armor suit. He's the 2nd level boss in Metal Slug II (the egyptian-themed level).

Csonicgo said:

A lot of games looking for a quick mindfuck go the baby route. It's a human instinct not to harm a baby, or the likeness of one. so make one evil and make it a boss or something and you got instant scary.

bonus points if it cries like one when it dies.

Yup, just ask id software about that.

(The cherub from Doom 3)

DuckReconMajor said:

lol I don't think I ever got that far

The game was hard as balls, I'll admit it. It also used a lot of cool effects that, for the time, was outstanding. Making a haunted hallway rotate around to navigate it? dodging 3-D projectiles? the game had it all.

Csonicgo said:

Kind of reminds me of that boss Phantoon from Super Metroid, that sort of creeped me out when I was young.

Of course when it comes to childhood horrors nothing tops the final boss from Contra III (the brain).

Epyo said:

The weird thing is, it's impossible for him to have gotten into that boss room. Simply not enough doorway room. Actually that's true for a lot of bosses come to think of it. Like Ridley in Metroid games.

Or Kraid, who's about two screens tall in Super Metroid, and is in a room with a door his head wouldn't even fit through.

Stroggos said:

Agreed I encountered a heap of framerate issues but nothing really to stop me from playing entirely. It's simply sad that Undying was so good so expectation here were high. The game made more annoying because you couldn't jump!

I think they got rid of jumping in Jericho because it would have been too complicated for the bots computer controlled teammates to know where to go. It would have been nice have jumping though.

What really bugs me is what they did with two of the characters right at the end, and the unsatisfying well-the-game-is-done-now "ending."

Back on topic. One day I decided to check out this SNES came called Psycho Dream because hey that name sounds interesting. And then I came across a boss that looks like... this.

I've never played Earthbound, but just watching a Youtube video of Giygas gave me nightmares.

Moloch? My friend and I always called him the rock monster. They made it a lot easier for MK Armageddon.

Dynamite Headdy's Babyface freaked me the fuck out for some odd reason. If they weren't on drugs, I'd be absolutely stunned.

There go the babies again.

The time is ripe for the development of a game that uses infant enemies exclusively.

Although it doesn't have bosses, Yume Nikki is the weirdest entire game :D

Also, I remember the final boss in Terminal Velocity was super weird. It was this AI thing that had some weird face on a screen and it would laugh at you and say "COME ON LITTLE MAN!" Unfortunately it's a really boring boss fight, and the only video I could find of it on youtube doesn't really show him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UaWWDjoh40

skip to 6:00

Most Disgusting? Probably a tie between Morpheus from resident Evil Dead Aim and Nyx From Outbreak File 2

Most Weird? Creepy Castle boss from Donkey Kong 64

Technician said:

I'm threw with finding babies portrayed as monsters as being creepy. It's a one trick pony.

I'm sick of every horror movie/game with the "little girl sing a nursery rhyme" bit.

SandGator said:

There go the babies again.

The time is ripe for the development of a game that uses infant enemies exclusively.

Honestly, it was the 'aging' part that weirded me out.

Whoa, I didn't watch the whole video before. Didn't realize it morphed into some strange clockwork Rutger Hauer, then a stylized old man.

That is weird.

geo said:

Moloch? My friend and I always called him the rock monster. They made it a lot easier for MK Armageddon.

Yah, Armageddon really doesn't have any bosses. They're just oversized normal guys. A little too easy maybe?

Not many are really coming to me, but I think the only one that made me WTF was Chupon from Final Fantasy 6:

There was also the Master from Fallout:

YFW that's the guy who voiced both Minsc from Baldur's Gate and Winnie the Pooh.

SandGator said:

What's the brown thing near the hand? It looks like he's tossing a chip into his mouth.

It looks more like a turd.

They are pieces of dirt that rain down and hurt the player when the face emerges, but now I can't unsee the turd so I will murder both of you.