Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snakes

The Doomworld Fight Scenes Thread

All right, Doomworld, it's time to testosterone this bitch up! What're your favorite fight scenes? I know Jackie Chan and Benny Urquidez had a couple of brilliant ones, though Legend of Drunken Master (below) may have topped either. Jet Li had Fist of Fury... I want to know: what fight scenes do you love? What scenes do I need to watch and take in. I love me some martial arts. Post 'em here and let us know, bitches!

Here's a couple...

This one is just amazing.

Fight scenes from Undisputed 3. Loved this movie, definitely would recommend it.

I've got a couple more in mind but I'll let the topic progress before flooding this one post. :P

roddy piper vs. keith david in they live. fuck martial arts. :)

oh, the hammer scene from oldboy is way above cool.

Sorry, I have to go with this one. Hold onto your butts.

And this one.

But this one is actually pretty awesome.

dew said:

roddy piper vs. keith david in they live. fuck martial arts. :)

Heh, that was the one I was going to post. I just love the way that two heavy guys just keep on slugging long after human endurance would really have run out.

I remember being really impressed with a Jet Li fight where he and the other person fought while balancing on the heads of a crowd. I forget which movie it was (Fist of Legend?) but it actually had loads of good fights.

Also, some of those old-time westerns had huge comedic brawls that went on forever. Not a Western but the John Wayne movie "The Quiet Man" has an excellent comedy fight across the Irish countryside.

And lets not forget the "Mook fight" from "Mean Streets".

For good fighting scene, I recommand Bruce Lee since he got many epic and super godlike martial skills. As for that video I posted, it shows Ip Man(Bruce Lee's martial art teacher)

You guys are bad and should feel bad for not posting this right away.

They Live and Brainded have been posted already. My work here is done.

Lizardcommando said:

Here's a few clips from some Hong Kong action movies...

Dayum, how could I forget those? The Killer and Hard Boiled are two of my favourite action movies. The Gun battle in the hospital in Hard Boiled is superb too.

I love Joseph Kuo kung fu movies, especially with the Long Brothers. My favorite is The Mystery of Chessboxing, aka (for some inscrutable reason) Ninja Checkmate.

Most of the movie shows the awesome bad guy, Ghost Faced Killer, killing people one by one who pissed him off in the past, then swaggering away from their corpses and chuckling to himself with his hands behind his back. And Wu Tang fans can see the obvious influence it had.

Seven Grandmasters, also a great Kuo movie.

Edit: How could I forget this? I've only seen this scene, total insanity. Cheap kung fu movies are notorious for ending abruptly, but how could it possibly be over at this moment? I guess they knew nothing could top what had just happened.

I'll take "Fight scenes with kittys in them" for 1000, Alex.

EDIT: removed links