Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TriLleX

Lets get this straight, engines with MD2 support

I have ran to site after site after a good doom engine with MD2 support.. But now i wanna ask some experienced doom players whats best.. Need a good engine with MD2 support.. other than Jdoom (or someone who can help me installing this bitch)

\TriLleX

I sympathise with you over JDoom, I can't get it to work either :(

My dream is ZDoomGL with 1024x res, support for 16 bots, intelligent bots who can actually OPEN doors, a broadband connection here at home, deathmatch and coop over the net, and lots of other neat tricks.

Mmm, keep dreaming..

I nearly found out how to get JDoom to work.. It just need a guy who can make definations for the monsters.ded file.. then it should work pretty good. Okay, i checked Doom3D and it looks pretty good but Full Package (4.64MB) containing (almost) all Doom/Doom2 models aint on any servers. I tried a search with google but its totally gone.. if you have it please send it to me @ trillex@tudegrim.dk

Originally posted by TriLleX
I nearly found out how to get JDoom to work.. It just need a guy who can make definations for the monsters.ded file.. then it should work pretty good. Okay, i checked Doom3D and it looks pretty good but Full Package (4.64MB) containing (almost) all Doom/Doom2 models aint on any servers. I tried a search with google but its totally gone.. if you have it please send it to me @ trillex@tudegrim.dk

I have heard that Jdoom is going to use better looking MD2 monsters.

Originally posted by Ultimate Demon

I have heard that Jdoom is going to use better looking MD2 monsters.

We all do long for good looking MD2's...

i would say jdoom, fallowed by zdoomGL. however the new legacy, if it ever gets out, will have MD2 support. also i think vdoom has it. yes doom3d has it aswell but i think that is not as good as some that are out, also it lacks look up/down which is kind of dumb for use with the MD2's

Are there any Hexen ports that have MD2 support? Are there any Hexen MD2s out there? :)

Originally posted by IMJack
Are there any Hexen ports that have MD2 support?

JHexen of course.

But I'm not sure about the availability of MD2s for it, although I know I've seen some Heretic MD2 so I'm certain there are at least a few Hexen MD2s.

Originally posted by Lüt
JHexen of course.

But I'm not sure about the availability of MD2s for it, although I know I've seen some Heretic MD2 so I'm certain there are at least a few Hexen MD2s.

Well the maker of Jdoom/Jheretic/JHexen is going to release next week a small MD2 pack ( only barrels and health potions and other things ) but not the monsters yet.

Ultimate Demon: If you know what's good for you, you'll delete the last line of that last post RIGHT THE FUCK NOW.

He didn't ask for warez, not specifically. You may even be able to buy it online for download now, I'm not sure, but anyway...

Originally posted by skadoomer
finding warezes for games like doom is like trying finding a Unicorn in Michigan.

I wouldn't say that...no, I haven't warezed it. Hell, I have Collector's DOOM, as you might have seen at my station.....

Oh, and JDOOM 0wnz, you frads :)

Originally posted by pritch
He didn't ask for warez, not specifically. You may even be able to buy it online for download now, I'm not sure, but anyway...

Where do i downlaod the full version so i can pay? is it att Idsoftwares site??? I have Doom Collector's Edition and Hexen. But Heretic is missing and if i buy it online on Idsoftware site ( if they have it ) i'll do it!

Where do i downlaod the full version so i can pay? is it att Idsoftwares site???

That's better...here's a cookie :)

Thanks pal :) so is it at Idsoftware then? How much does it cost?

I have no idea...I don't know if they even have it there...they might....

Originally posted by Crendowing
I have no idea...I don't know if they even have it there...they might....

Well i'm going over to their sites then to se if they have it....

Jdoom and Zdoomgl both support md2s i believe, although the md2s which exist arent always brilliant and are quite often a large download.. personally I'm fine with just sprites

Originally posted by fraggle`
Jdoom and Zdoomgl both support md2s i believe, although the md2s which exist arent always brilliant and are quite often a large download.. personally I'm fine with just sprites

me too, Doom's sprites are still some of the best out there, and Zdoom gives particle realness as well. Plus It's faster if you're using an ancient system like mine.

Originally posted by pritch

me too, Doom's sprites are still some of the best out there, and Zdoom gives particle realness as well. Plus It's faster if you're using an ancient system like mine.

I suppose the only thing is in high resolution modes the blockiness becomes rather ugly..

if I use opengl I'd rather use them ass ugly md2's than look at those huge blurred sprites