Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

New Anthrax Single - 'Fight 'em 'til you Can't'

Anthrax have just released a new single to be on their next album 'Worship Music'.

What do you guys think? It reminds me a little bit of Metallica's Death Magnetic.

Meh. Never was much of an Anthrax fan though. Come to think of it, out of the "big four" give me Slayer.

Anthrax haven't released anything good since the 80's, and even then... their 80's material is overated. This was actually kind of the washed up retro "thrash" sound I was expecting though, it just goes to show little integrity they have, as these faggots were bashing thrash in the 90's, saying that the ultimate thrash album involves a drill going on for 30 minutes straight, and now that thrash is "cool" again they expect their "thrash comeback" to be taken seriously? The music sounds half assed, I've heard better riffs coming from one of those shitty Myspace bands that you listen to and shake your head because you just know that they're never gonna make it, and the production is horrible so I'm just gonna write it off as yet another crap album by Anthrax. :)

When there's so much better thrash out there, why listen to Anthrax?

DeathevokatioN said:

Anthrax haven't released anything good since the 80's, and even then... their 80's material is overated. This was actually kind of the washed up retro "thrash" sound I was expecting though, it just goes to show little integrity they have, as these faggots were bashing thrash in the 90's, saying that the ultimate thrash album involves a drill going on for 30 minutes straight, and now that thrash is "cool" again they expect their "thrash comeback" to be taken seriously? The music sounds half assed, I've heard better riffs coming from one of those shitty Myspace bands that you listen to and shake your head because you just know that they're never gonna make it, and the production is horrible so I'm just gonna write it off as yet another crap album by Anthrax. :)

DeathevokatioN said:

Like 3 inches of Blood and Slayer!

Old Anthrax was the shit. Madhouse, Among the Living. This song however sounds just... sounds like Anthrax lost it.

I need to listen to more of this band. I kinda like this. :)

From this thread, however, it appears that they were much better in their early days? Although come to think it, everyone says that about EVERY BAND EVER. :(

A "best of" from Anthrax tends to be about the best you can find for them, if you go CD shopping. I've heard that there are reasons for this, such as most record labels they sign to dying, but the "best of" seems to be a good collection. I do rather like most of their well-known songs, but I don't think I'd go searching for albums or anything like I have with the other 3 of the Big Four.

As for this song... I'm getting the same Death Magnetic vibe I think. Problem is Anthrax always worked best for me when they went for melodies or humour - particularly as I always thought they were they best at vocals of the Four. The stopping and starting in this song doesn't work for me and I genuinely think this is a huge step down from the songs of theirs that I like. Might check out the album when it's out. Not sold on this song though.

I really don't like it. It sounds like a song I would write, and those never sound very good. The riffs sound very boring and almost like they were forced, and the overall emotion of the song honestly sounds to me like these guys want money more than they want to write good music. Except for a few good songs, I kinda feel the same way about AC/DC's "new" album (if 2008 is still new).

S.O.D. is the only thing remotely close to Anthrax I ever liked. Song sounds canned, dated, boring.

Ed said:

S.O.D. is the only thing remotely close to Anthrax I ever liked. Song sounds canned, dated, boring.

S.O.D. were amazing in spite of (because of?) that fat fuck Billy Milano hahaha

/E Joey Belladonna sux!

I've only ever listened to a handful of Anthrax songs before, but I consider this new one to sound pretty good. It does feel like this could be the opening song off a counterpart album to Death Magnetic.

Also, a new SOD album would be exquisite.

Jimmy91 said:

From this thread, however, it appears that they were much better in their early days? Although come to think it, everyone says that about EVERYTHING EVER.

FTFY

I actually really like this. May add it to my Doom playlist.

I've only just really gotten into the wider thrash universe, after my girlfriend bought me a compliation album with some of Anthrax's stuff, along with Kreator, Rage, Death Angle, etc.

This sounds like commercialized rubbish with Anthrax sprinkled over the top for a decent record sale. Anthrax no longer has the capacity to be Caught in a Mosh!!!

Ultraboy94 said:

I actually really like this. May add it to my Doom playlist.

I've only just really gotten into the wider thrash universe, after my girlfriend bought me a compliation album with some of Anthrax's stuff, along with Kreator, Rage, Death Angle, etc.

Umm Megadeth?!

/end

Stroggos said:

This sounds like commercialized rubbish with Anthrax sprinkled over the top for a decent record sale. Anthrax no longer has the capacity to be Caught in a Mosh!!!

Anthrax are not the same band they were in the 80s. Therefore, they must be sellouts.

Fuck off.

Marnetmar said:

Anthrax are not the same band they were in the 80s. Therefore, they must be sellouts.

Fuck off.

Almost all bands eventually sellout.

skaman86 said:
Almost all bands eventually sellout. [/B]

EVERYTHING "sells out" eventually. It's how businesses stay afloat after the initial hype dies.

/offtopic

Even out famed id Software to ZeniMax all these years of interdependent game development and now subsidiary to a big company.

Since when this is topic about who sells out to who, how about you guys SHUT UP and enjoy the bits of the music.

Artists lose inspiration, get rich, forget what it was that made them do what it is they do and rely on prefabricated concepts that they know people tend to like.

I really don't enjoy Kevin Smith movies, but his stand up "Too Fat for 40" was really entertaining and insightful. One of the points he makes towards the end of the film is that when people come up to him and ask "Why don't you make another Clerks man?" is that there's no way in hell he could at that stage in his life. When he wrote his earlier movies, they were a reflection of who he was at the time.

You get old, you lose steam, it's the story of life. I think the song sucks, but music isn't fact or fiction, it's all opinion maaaaaaaaan.