Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

My concept of the Icon of Sin

Don't get too excited, I haven't drawn it yet...but I will. Maybe it's me thinking that weed-induced "stream of consciousness" thought patterns yield interesting ideas, but a repeating image in my mind has compelled me to share it.

I figured, what if the Icon of Sin was much, much larger than shown in Doom 2? What if the Icon of Sin was so large that the demons not only resided within it, but that it was capable swallowing entire worlds?

I picture a swirling, fleshy sphere, abstract and turbulent, hurling through space. It is a massive heap of engineering from a species of pure evil. With the Icon's face embedded on one side, its mouth of Hell swallows entire moons and planets, and inside its inhabitants are subjected to an endless torture.

Before the appearance of intelligent life on Earth, the Icon left teleportation equipment on Mars, that provided a direct gateway between the two. Discovery of the equipment provided a good measure of man's intelligence and was thus a worthy opponent.

In this vision, the entire demon invasion is an attempt to capture entire worlds, where all life is forever nested in the torturous bowels of the Icon.

EDIT: I wanted to add that I think this could be a good basis for a Doom movie scirpt, seeing as my last idea for one ignored Doom's Hell aspect to a great degree. I think with the Icon of Sin being represented like this, all of the supernatural craziness in Doom could be fully justified, while still capturing that feeling of being invaded by an esoteric force from Hell.

GoatLord said:

Before the appearance of intelligent life on Earth, the Icon left teleportation equipment on Mars, that provided a direct gateway between the two. Discovery of the equipment provided a good measure of man's intelligence and was thus a worthy opponent.

Sounds like 2001 to me

Kinda reminds me of "The Fifth Element"

After years of driving a taxi to make ends meet, Doomguy is called back into action to defeat a giant orb of evil.