Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The_MártonJános

Is there a chance to repair map screwup?

I've been having a rather complicated map to build until now. Earlier on this day, my system went bluescreen whilst my map building its last nodes. The result? After my system returned to work, the map was all screwed up like, to say, every second vertex gathering onto 0,0 of the map coordinates, plus various sectors have gone "negative". Is there a way to resume the map I was working on? Actually, this save came with no backup file because of shutdown.

Actually, I managed to handle it, but only because I had a safe save from another disk.

Thanks a lot Marnetmar. How ironic that I'm actually mapping for a project which you've abandoned not so long ago.

Remember always backup folks, in at least 3 places. I use Slade a lot also and that backsup multiple times. Saved a map or two for me.

Cell said:

Eh, I'll give up... hex editing? I'm not even familiar with the map's previous hex data.

It's tedious, though I've managed to recover a couple of maps that way. It's good to know you've found a backup.

Doombuilder has backups for maps too. Saved my ass a few times.

Cell said:

Actually, I managed to handle it, but only because I had a safe save from another disk.

Thanks a lot Marnetmar. How ironic that I'm actually mapping for a project which you've abandoned not so long ago.

Eh? Which project? :P