Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TwinBeast

mmm boy

So anyone found the zombie saying it? Today I encountered him. He was also farting. Yea, it was funny. But so, where does this MMM BOY come from? I've seen it under some Quake 3/Live space maps when I fall off the map. But the way the zombie said, it sounded very similar to that King of Hyrule saying: MAH BOI!

What? I know there's a farting zombie somewhere in Delta Labs but I had no idea he says anything as such.

There's a farting Zombie? Anything to do with the Zombie Jail? Where are these locations? ANd what other secrets lie within the labrynths of Doom 3?

Kinda disturbing. Hearing him articulate something and act like being drunk or challenged makes you think he's still a human, but he's really a monster.

Doomhuntress said:

This seems to be what he's talking about.

Anyone know where that location is? Also, I'm pretty sure I've heard other zombies utter that line in Doom 3.

Yes, that's the one. I haven't noticed anyone else say anything or fart. First I thought he was saying "Mmm.. Brains.." but it didn't quite sound like that.

Doomhuntress said:

This seems to be what he's talking about.

Anyone know where that location is? Also, I'm pretty sure I've heard other zombies utter that line in Doom 3.

Wow I never noticed that.

Also, the original Trent Reznor audio for the game had the zombies muttering lines like "Braaains..." as idle sounds. Much like various weapons sounds etc they were replaced when he left the project. You can still download a mod for the game which restores all the original audio if you're curious.

I was browsing through the Doom 3 audio files and came across the fart sounds.. kinda wondered why the hell they were there.

For some reason, I had decided to replay doom 3. (I had only played the game once, and it was at a time that it played like a slideshow on low settings, I can now play it just fine on Ultra).

Anyway, I got to this part in the game, and shortly before you encounter this zombie, you pick up a PDA that has a marsbuddy e-mail in it, talking about making baklava with the tag line "MMMboy". Thats probably where its from? :P

That is in Delta labs 1 I believe, where the zombies from the first teleporter experiments are all in the locked admin offices. I never heard the fart before, and I'm not 100% convinced it's there. I'll haveta play that part myself to find out...

If it is, it's not a joke! It's Id's devotion to realism! Dead bodies often release gases!

Or something

I miss the zombie chatter from the Doom 3 alpha. They would mutter ...brains... really softly, and the "FREEZE MORTAL!!!" that the chain-gunners bellowed still send shivers up my spine.