Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dee

Epic Fanpic

Wonderful piece of artwork. Great colouring.

Notice the artist's use of the Quake III Arena Doomguy skin as the reference for his armour design, and that he's attached the Commando's minigun to his arm in the style of the demon in the original cover art.

Only negative point - Doomguy's upper body proportions are clearly too small for his legs, making him seem "weedy" compared to the more familiar herioc depiction.

yeah but i think its so badass regardless. honestly this would make a really badass titlescreen for a zdoom project Ultimate Doom 3! or something lol

Looks a bit like a Centaur, minus the back legs. Still an amazing piece of artwork.

Coopersville said:

Higher res please.

click the original link to go to the deviant art page. it has high res version

Good job. That looks cool, surely the monsters graphic is updated to the doom 3 graphic, and that Cyberdemon on the background it's fantastic. But (sadly) I found that some little details are changed-deleted:
1. the pistol that you see down, near the imp. (it's you with the pistol- replaced with anything)
2. The marine on the background trying to help the other one (replaced with the cyberdemon)
Well, some details added
3. The cacodemon on the right, near the marine.
4. That... monster on the left of the marine (monster of doom 3)

How dare the artist change details in their homage?!

Vios said:

But (sadly) I found that some little details are changed-deleted:
1. the pistol that you see down, near the imp. (it's you with the pistol- replaced with anything)

What? Unless I misunderstand you, I'm pretty sure that 'pistol' is supposed to be a gun grafted onto a demon, the rest of which is off-screen.

its really good, but these are for doom3 and, title is classic doom?

why is that archvile in the corner drooling?

and the landskape doesnt leave some dust on anything? wasnt the doom guys arms a bit ripped and slashed? ok they are but its almost like he just got out of the shower, also his legs look really long compared to his torso.

add on and modify this pic, then you got it PERFECT
I think its ok that you keep the monsters much as they are

D_GARG said:

its really good, but these are for doom3 and, title is classic doom?

why is that archvile in the corner drooling?

I think the Archvile finds Doomguy attractive.

heh :D

and btw, the archvile doesnt look like an archvile it looks like the offspring between a grunt and a imp, a cheekless skinhead with a skull mutation

archviles are more like slightly muscled skin and bone