• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
KoolKat

Now seriously,

What effect does DooM have, seriously?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What effect does DooM have, seriously?

• Bad effect (turns a regular joe into a blood-sucking psyco)
    • Good effect (turns a blood-sucking...)
    • Only psycos play it
    • Only regular joes play it
    • Good and bad effect on Joe and Psyco

Would any DooM player shoot up a school?
I'm looking for serious answers to see if Doom actually improves-ah this'll be in the poll.

I would not shoot up a school, although I would put liquid lacidives into the soup.

I don't know about the rest of you, but Doom has this weird effect on me. It's called...entertainment.

I dunno. If the need arised for me to take arms (i.e. terrorists took over my school) i probably would emulate some doom-like behavior.

Originally posted by Insomniac
I dunno... terrorists took over my school) i probably would emulate some doom-like behavior.

Hiding in the lift?

Not this argument again.....

Anyway, it only has an effect on you if you DO NOT KNOW THE DISTINCTION BETWEEN REALITY AND FANTASY!!!!!! If you DO (I know I do), then it's OK to play.

Originally posted by Insomniac
I dunno. If the need arised for me to take arms (i.e. terrorists took over my school) i probably would emulate some doom-like behavior.

Strafe, shoot, and find the key? What if they stacked boxes up in the halls? You couldn't jump!

Don't forget to hit space on that badly iluminated wall btw...

So anyway. Doom's just fun. The only post-effect besides fulfilment I can imagine is inspiration. And last time I checked that's a good thing.

Originally posted by Zaldron
So anyway. Doom's just fun. The only post-effect besides fulfilment I can imagine is inspiration. And last time I checked that's a good thing.

/me agrees

Hell yeah, how many Doom-inspired sketches and drawings haven't I made :-)
/Me is getting all nostalgic

Heh, that's what I say when my mom complains if I've played Doom too much and when I make levels for it. I just tell her that the only thing Doom does to me is inspire me, and that level-editing is like something artistic. Someone else might enjoy drawing, or sketching, or writing stories, but I like making levels.