Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaikoten

Carn's game has been renamed! (Again.)

Thirteen years later, beings from the star system Arcturus have been at war with another alien civilazation for decades.

You might want to fix that typo. Ask Sid Meier if you need any pointer for the correct spelling. :p

Or at least turn it into civilazeration so that it's something cool. :p

DuckReconMajor said:

I think it's funny this has more views than Carn's blogs thread

eh, it's in EE. It tends to get a lot more eyeballs than the blogs forum does.

Anyway, thanks everyone! We're working hard on it. I can't wait for it to be released. There's a lot more coolness than what's seen in the screenshots and trailer.

Shitload of something edible. I also love the fact he uses a brand named thing in his ad. He needs to make a Minecraft FPS like how the guy that made SMBX made a 2D Terraria (which I wasted my $10 on).

DuckReconMajor said:

Is he actually working on this? Or did you just take music and sounds from doom?

Well, that would be kind of illegal, but oh yes, he's working on it! He's mostly been working on sounds (which is why the trailer used some older music of his), but he's starting to complete some music tracks which sound great! It's all pretty Doom-like so far, so I think people will be pleased. I know I am :)

He's been instrumental in making this game sound great. In addition to making the sounds, he's helped a lot with getting the sound engine all set up - which effects to use, their settings, etc. This game would probably sound like shit if not for him.

Sadly, this doesn't really come through in trailers and screenshots :(

Also, here's the unaltered pic of the protagonist:

Seeing it in motion is making me want this game. I'm still puzzling over how you got Bobby Prince to do music for your game. That's just awesome. Hopefully I'll be seeing this on some TotalBiscuit video some day.

Danarchy said:

I'm still puzzling over how you got Bobby Prince to do music for your game. That's just awesome.

I think they were just crediting him in the trailer because they used that awful recording of Shawn's Got the Shotgun.

Danarchy said:

Hopefully I'll be seeing this on some TotalBiscuit video some day.

That's what I was thinking. The great thing is that the kind of thing you're trying to do is the kind of thing TB wants someone to make, so if you pull this off and get a positive Biscuit review you will likely have a much bigger customer base.

That is, if anyone still cares about him by the time this is finished.

The main hero reminds me a little of BJ from Wolf3d with facial hair.

It might be cool if I put together some sort of video showing off some of the new sounds/music he's made. If anything, it'd clear up some of the confusion, saying that YES, he is making new material for Wrack, and NO, we're not just using music/sounds from old games.

Everything so far is really, really good. Not surprisingly, everything sounds a lot better than what was made in the early/mid 90s.

Carnevil said:

It might be cool if I put together some sort of video showing off some of the new sounds/music he's made.

Definitely. At least change the tune on the existing trailer and reupload.

Gez said:

Seconded.

Strange that he's working on this, I thought that he said that he retired from video game music. Great that he is working on this, nonetheless! :)

Maybe after a long break he saw Carn's project and found it a worthy cause to work his magic again.

That or Carnevil is shelling out the megabux.

Gez said:

I don't get it - why all the hate for the song used in the trailer? Is it that people don't like the song? Don't like the fact that it isn't new music? Don't think it works very well in the video? All of the above? Something else?

Anyway, I might do a new trailer once we're ready for a release (hopefully in a month or two). If/when I do, you can bet the farm that it will have new music.

DuckReconMajor said:

That or Carnevil is shelling out the megabux.

Well, considering that I don't have megabux...

It doesn't seem right to make a trailer for a game that uses music from another game, same composer notwithstanding. 'Course, I'm double-biased since I don't like that tune to begin with...

Definitely psyched to hear the new stuff, though. ;)

Carnevil said:

I don't get it - why all the hate for the song used in the trailer? Is it that people don't like the song? Don't like the fact that it isn't new music? Don't think it works very well in the video? All of the above? Something else?

Anyway, I might do a new trailer once we're ready for a release (hopefully in a month or two). If/when I do, you can bet the farm that it will have new music.

Well, considering that I don't have megabux...

The music just didn't fit, and the song is kind of annoying to me.

Though, I'm very curious how Bobby Prince ended up getting involved in the first place. Mind telling? :)