Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Christoph

how to remove a linedef's texture?

I feel stupid for having to ask this, but how (using DoomBuilder2) do you remove a texture that you don't want a linedef to have, so that it has no texture? All I can seem to do is replace it with another texture, but not make it have no texture whatsoever (which is what I want to do).

Replace the texture name with "-", the same that is filled in with other texture boxes that have no texture

You can also select the linedef and and where they tell you to type "-" you can also right click it with your mouse. If it's a floor you have to type "-" though.

skaman86 said:

You can also select the linedef and and where they tell you to type "-" you can also right click it with your mouse. If it's a floor you have to type "-" though.

The reason it won't do it for you is because you can't have a textureless floor in Doom. "-" will just register as an invalid flat, which depending on the source port being used will either draw a placeholder texture (like a checkerboard), refuse to load the map at all, or (in Doom2.exe's case) crash to DOS when it tries to draw it.