Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nope.avi

Can't load maps in doom builder

When I try to load my wad, no maps come up for editing. I try to play the wad and it says the wad is not found, any help?

Is the configuration set up correctly? Is the game format of the maps selected correctly?

Doom Builder might have Doom in Doom format set when your map is Doom in Hexen format etc. Are you using doom builder 1 or 2?

Forgot to mention, I can edit for a certin amount of time, then when I try to open it up again randomly it stops working.

Might be an access rights issue. What version of Windows are you running and where are the maps saved?

I've no idea whats causing it then, it sounds like some kind of bug within the builder itself as there are a lot.

Is your wad ok? As in not corrupt? Try copying your maps using SLADE3 and creating a new wad with those maps. Make sure you use Doom Builder 2. If all else fails with that, try using a different map editor and see what goes on with your wad when you use that instead of doom builder.

Better to find the source of the problem than to avoid it.

Can you play your wad?

EDIT: I agree with grey ghost, if your wad is saved in a folder where you may not have permission there can be security issues. If you are an admin I don't see where the problem arises though.

Running XP pretty much rules out access rights as an issue, that brings us back to Doom Builder's configuration and possibly .NET or SlimDX misbehaving. Check your testing parameters (the following code block contains what I'm currently using) and bear in mind that one or two ports don't like running maps that haven't been saved. The random stops suggest a .NET issue which most likely ties in with your first problem, Doom Builder's probably unable to update it's list of recently saved wads when it closes abnormally - does it throw up an error message?

-iwad "%WP" -skill "%S" -file "%AP" "%F" -warp %L1 %L2

Well, I close it normally when I have too, I save it then exit it. SO idk if that'd be a problem.

Although you had been prompted to supply information of which version and revision of Doombuilder you
have installed and are using, you have not done so.

From your responses one could conclude that you have successfully opened Doombuilder and edited
a map. If that is the case then Doombuilder would have written a log into the following directory

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application Data\Doom Builder

aptly called Builder.log. Have a look through that and/or post it here.

Probably being hidden by the OS. Call up Folder Options from Explorer's Tools menu, select the View tab, click the "Show hidden files and folders" radio button, Apply and OK should fix that.

Kappes Buur said:

....which version and revision of Doombuilder you have installed and are using .....

nope.avi said:

I am using doom builder 2.

Ok, now we know it's Doombuilder 2. But which revision ?

By the way. You could do a search for Builder.log.