Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Megalyth

My first speedmap yay

http://www.mediafire.com/?yl1vhf7khr611e0

Ten minutes was too little time for me to make a map that I was happy with, so I shot for sixty minutes. The map itself was constructed and textured in well under sixty, but thing placement and some playtesting stretched it to over two hours. Ah well, maybe next time.

Runs on Doom2 map01, and should be vanilla compatible, but I would recommend a limit-removing port, as there will be many, many dead bodies. Have an enjoy!

Edit: I should point out that the objective is to simply survive until the exit is accessible.

Edit 2: New version.

I just jumped downed onto the raising platform, killed the 3 cyberdemons and sat waiting with some friendly HOMS still I could exit :S

cool idea, but a bit flawed - removing invulnerability will pretty much solve it all

j4rio said:

cool idea, but a bit flawed - removing invulnerability will pretty much solve it all

Ah, Jeez. It didn't even occur to me that somebody might get the invulnerability and just kill the cyberdemons with it. As for the HOMs, that pit is like ten thousand units deep, I'm pretty sure that has something to do with it.

I uploaded a new version. I ditched the deep pit and just went with the classic bars-that-take-forever-to-lower approach, remedying the need for the cyberdemon guardians. I added two more monster spawn points to (hopefully) prevent them from piling up, and more clearly marked them to help the player avoid being telefragged. I also streamlined the item layout a bit, and removed the invulnerability sphere because LOLOLOLOL.

fiend-o-hell said:

The monster spawning is exactly what the BGF was made for. Excellent concept, I thought it just ran on for to long.

Come to think of it, maybe I'll expand the map, extending through several various arena fights to keep the battles from dragging on for too long. Some other day though.