Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gggmork

Stefan Molyneux ('stefbot' on youtube)

I've been watching lots of his videos, and like spreading ideas that I believe are culturally healthy, hence my willing 'viral advertising' of them in this post.

He's an anarchist (anti- statist) who seems to think the government is an immoral monopoly on force/violence, the free market would do everything better/more ethically, countries are farms where the crop is people for tax, etc, but his words are a lot better articulated than my naive brief summary.

Lots of interesting videos, to me at least, in his channel. Here's one of many:

"public school is a holding pen to keep young, hungry and ambitious people away from competing with fat middle aged plumbers, laywers and accountants." (lol):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U4R36WjFCI

Obviously click the name 'stefbot' for the channel with the rest of his videos if interested.

He's an anarchist (anti- statist) who seems to think the government is an immoral monopoly on force/violence

I always had my suspicions that he was retarded.

Wow, what an idiot. I guess he'll be just fine when the government collapses and his town is marauded by roving rape-gangs.

Or when the megacorps finally get fed up with bureaucracy and replace their puppet governments with directly-controlled boards and hire their own mercenary forces. Which will result in the aforementioned gangs, except with the motivation of getting paid to act like psychopaths rather than just doing it for shits-n-giggles.

gggmork said:

He's an anarchist (anti- statist)

So assuming this is his true belief, he's either stupid or incredibly naive.

Quasar said:

Or when the megacorps finally get fed up with bureaucracy and replace their puppet governments with directly-controlled boards and hire their own mercenary forces. Which will result in the aforementioned gangs, except with the motivation of getting paid to act like psychopaths rather than just doing it for shits-n-giggles.

Reminds me of that scene near the end of Robocop 3, where the OCP guy hires the splatter punks to help demolish the residents.

I've learned to distrust anybody named Molyneux, thanks to his distant cousin(?) Peter. =P

deathbringer said:

LOL I remember when I was left wing too.

Then your life ground to a halt as the rest of the world kept moving, and you clung to conservative values like a root in a tornado?

Or rather, did you get the clever idea that rich folk would let you be one of them if you agreed with everything they said?

My mind started to go numb about halfway into that rant, could someone give me the tl: dr version?

GreyGhost said:

could someone give me the tl: dr version?

I kinda forgot what that one was about because my brain was formed playing 8 bit video games where no long term memory is required because the monsters reset themselves every time you walk into the same screen area.

But here's the tl;dr (dw) of another one (text is superior to videos in terms of being able to process/search/skip/etc information but videos are nice for being lazy and eating chips while you listen).

http://www.youtube.com/user/stefbot?blend=1&ob=5#p/search/10/YN-yWT86Ztw

In that link he basically says it would be better to live in a world where everyone has the power/will/right to kill anyone else, than the current system where only maybe 5% of the population (the government) has this power. If anyone could kill anyone, rape, violence and general antisocial behavior would go down and everyone would become polite out of mutual respect of eachother's power, the columbine killers would be shot before proceeding very far plus deterred in the first place etc. Similar to how nations with weapons of mass destruction don't attack eachother due to potential retaliation.

Kinda pointless to keep linking more because you can seach for them yourself, but this one is on bitcoins:
http://www.youtube.com/user/stefbot#p/u/29/ygoqDBfjimM

Maybe the internet can function as a virtual 'undiscovered country'/sandbox/testbed to try out humanity-emancipating experiments (well I just read that no country currently owns the north pole but I guess that's not convenient). I mean, come on, the current system sucks relative to what it COULD be. Public school is such a youth draining multiple choice targeting brain waste, prisons 'rehabilitate' with rape and murder, jobs are soul sucking relative to what automation could free us from, insane inequality, leaders aren't intellectuals/thinkers/scientists. So many people are fucked up today (thinking of the jaded encyclopedia dramatica type culture, etc) where its an endless cycle of reflecting evil that has been done to you onto others who re-reflect it. Child abuse, lack of love, etc physically affects a growing brain with all kinds of negative adult symptoms. I have lots of negative symptoms myself. Its sad but I've had my share of self hate (I think this one discussed that: http://www.youtube.com/user/stefbot#p/u/12/RuVuMslQWGs ) and hate of humanity as I 'grew up' (I never really grew up, ill children become ill adults) and a system that does that to people needs to be replaced. I mean everything could be so good that you just tear up at the 'soul' of it all and feel like you're part of something beautiful by participating. Life was beautiful like that before humanity/brains/technology I suspect. Just sculpted raw by nature; red in tooth and claw but beautiful. Right now I don't feel like I'm part of a good species/system. At least I wasn't born into a north korean concentration camp because I'm merely related to someone who did some minor 'bad' thing according to someone. It could be worse but it could be better. Right now its preeetty laame milhouse.

Double bro fist.

Well, I don't identify myself with any political party. If I had to, the only ones that attempt to make sense of anything would be the libertarians.

It's stupid to think that there is any hope at all of us fixing the current system of government and currency. The only hope is that somewhere down the line when it inevitably fails something better will come out of it.

I'm confident such a revolution will not happen in any of our lifetimes though. The revolution has to start in the minds of the people and the people are stupid. Very... stupid.

Ed said:

the people are stupid. Very... stupid.

I guess that's expected when they spend 8 hours a day for 12 years in the government indoctrination camps of public schools. I have no children and despised my time in the educational system... yet I have to pay taxes to fund it. If I don't pay, I go to jail; if I resist with force I get shot. Which is what stefbot means when talking about monopoly of force/education and countries being tax farms I guess.
Isn't about HALF of my and everyone's income (maybe more with all sorts of hidden taxes, like perhaps inflation) way more than necessary to build roads and fund schools I don't like? If the government takes half of everyone's income, that guarantees that they'll always be the richest. So say some company comes along, google, who becomes super rich. Ba da bum, they can instantly 'partner' with, maybe even virtually own them (use their info for patriot act stuff/whatever).
My taxes fund wars/ development of nuclear weapons. If only the free market existed, would there even be much demand for nuclear weapons thus creating an entrepreneurial niche for them? There's plenty of money to fund war/weapons when that money is taken through tax by force. People just want to buy "ifart" for their iphones, not nuclear weapons.
Tax = theft, prison = kidnapping, military = cult
and me = retard because I mostly just immitate the thoughts of others, but I guess that's what thinking mostly is in general.

Heh, this guy was entertaining to watch. I couldn't care less either way about the political side, but he makes for a damn cool character.

Xaser said:

Heh, this guy was entertaining to watch. I couldn't care less either way about the political side, but he makes for a damn cool character.

He was pretty well animated. Probably wouldn't be too bad of an actor if he ever decided to pursue such a career.

You can tell he is legitimately passionate about bettering our culture and the quality of life for his fellow man. Even if I don't agree with someone's opinion on how these sorts of ordeals should be handled, if they speak from the heart and genuinely believe they're doing what they think is the right thing, I absolutely respect that.

It's too bad I've never, ever seen a name attached to a ballot that I could say the same for. Yes, that includes Ron Paul. He still panders to the emotional attachments voters have to hot-button issues. Even if he rationalizes how he would handle them differently, it's still pro wrestling political drama to me.

Edit:

For the record, the problem isn't with just the politicians, a big fat percentage of the problem is with the people and this awful, awful culture that has been widely embraced.

I passionately believe a great majority of Americans either can't handle or do not deserve a legitimately free society.. yet. The inevitable economic collapse is a necessary step in which many freedom-fry munching, Ford F500 driving you-betcha' patriots are going to have to endue to truly understand how wrong they and their unsustainable lifestyles, and irrational collective thought processes really are.

I don't mean to compare America to Nazi Germany in the same light that talking heads typically do. But in a sense, we need a 'de-nazification' process, much like the Nuremberg trials. It was more than the country's leaders that were put on trial, but the culture in which the country had adopted. Of course I don't expect to see executives and politicians explaining their actions in front of a high court. I expect when the machine breaks down and the shroud falls, after a great deal of social-economic strain, Americans will learn to show restraint in their lifestyles and perhaps show some progressive thinking so one day we can look back and say 'never again'.

gggmork said:

Isn't about HALF of my and everyone's income (maybe more with all sorts of hidden taxes, like perhaps inflation)

Um, no. Unless you wanna cite numbers. Inflation is not a tax because, well, it's not a 'tax' and it hurts everyone, the government included anyway.

Tax = theft

I've never really understood this opinion. It's one thing to discuss, complain about and argue HOW taxes should be spent. But seriously, taxes pay for a functioning society that we all benefit from. If not, and we lived in a libertopia you wouldn't be paying the goverment, but rather corporations for basic infrastructure. Corporations that are not accountable to us in any way shape or form.

I have no children and despised my time in the educational system... yet I have to pay taxes to fund it. If I don't pay, I go to jail

You benefit from the public school system because you are literate among other things. You also benefit from it despite not having children (yet, perhaps. Maybe you will in the future.) because your family, friends, neighbors and coworkers have also gone through it. We've ALL done it. You think people are stupid now? Wait until only 1/2 of the nation could afford private schools while the rest got nothing and had to sit at home learning shit. The public school system in the united states may not be the best in the world, but it is far from the worst.

While the school system needs work, abandoning it without even trying to fix anything is just silly.

Quast said:

Um, no. Unless you wanna cite numbers. Inflation is not a tax because, well, it's not a 'tax' and it hurts everyone, the government included anyway.

It's effectively a hidden tax. The inflation rate goes hand-in-hand with fiat currency, which is prone to government manipulation. They have the power to print as many greenbacks as they want and hand them to whoever they want. In theory, money is debt and only needs to be created when someone takes on debt, but lately they have gone far beyond that, with trillion dollar bailouts, etc.

Edit: Oh, looks like there's a part II in that series.

Danarchy said:

Wow, what an idiot. I guess he'll be just fine when the government collapses and his town is marauded by roving rape-gangs.

Mad Max (1) was pretty cool IMO

Rich getting richer and poor getting poorer is not news to me, I agree with some of his ideas about our economy but I've heard it all before.

As far as his take on violence, I'm not entirely sure I get it. It appears that he means "you can defend yourself, but not go kill people just to get rid of them." I also generally agree with that, but he makes it a bit too simple.

Imagine that two tribes are on the move because of some obstacle to survival where they were before. Both tribes arrive at the same small pond. The pond can only support one tribe - the other will have to find water elsewhere, or else they will all die. Now, what if both tribes agree to do battle, and the winner gets the pond? Even if they don't say "okay here's the rules of the game, we fight until X people die, and the tribe with the most people left wins," they could still approach each other with the same intentions - to fight for the pond. If one tribe would rather not fight, they would simply give up the pond (because remember, both tribes simply can't use the pond). If both would rather not fight, they have to come up with some other deciding factor (like a coin toss).

However, if they both are ready to battle for their right to use the pond, can we really say it is immoral for them to attack each other?

The type of massive, unchecked violence that can go on in the world today is certainly unnerving and probably downright wrong and bad for humanity. But anyone who has looked at the relationships between organisms in nature will know that violence is ever present. Peace is also present in nature, where you can find species working together all the time (great example is plants and pollinating insects or animals that eat their fruit). You will also find merciless violence due to competition. Plants will block others from the sun and eat up all the nutrients they can - some even physically attack larger plants and use them to gain stature (vines that kill trees). Animals get into territorial fights, and indirectly compete for food.

Initiation of violence can be inevitable. Clearly a societal human should refrain from harming their fellow people, but I don't think they should just bend over when competition comes along.

"ZOMG rich people have more money than you, and proportionately more than the majority of people on this planet" - Captain Obvious

"The world owes me everything and Capitalism has failed, and Communism is evil" - Self Important Twat

"The government is what's stopping you from getting laid, let's get angry and destroy everything." - Mr.Batshit

He leaves out the part mentioning the deregulation of financial institutions, and the systems collapse due to greedy people living beyond their means. You know, people that should've never had access to said loans in the first place.

So effectively the audience he's appealing to are the ones that brought about said turmoil in the first place. It doesn't really get much more anarchistic then the collapse of the financial system, and the debt ceiling skyrocketing. Sadly the world isn't Mad Max enough to his liking. So he will settle on spouting the same shit that's on the Alex Jones show and put an Anarchist spin on everything to get more sycophants.... *er um* I mean viewers.

gggmork said:

I guess that's expected when they spend 8 hours a day for 12 years in the government indoctrination camps of public schools. I have no children and despised my time in the educational system... yet I have to pay taxes to fund it. If I don't pay, I go to jail; if I resist with force I get shot. Which is what stefbot means when talking about monopoly of force/education and countries being tax farms I guess.
Isn't about HALF of my and everyone's income (maybe more with all sorts of hidden taxes, like perhaps inflation) way more than necessary to build roads and fund schools I don't like? If the government takes half of everyone's income, that guarantees that they'll always be the richest. So say some company comes along, google, who becomes super rich. Ba da bum, they can instantly 'partner' with, maybe even virtually own them (use their info for patriot act stuff/whatever).
My taxes fund wars/ development of nuclear weapons. If only the free market existed, would there even be much demand for nuclear weapons thus creating an entrepreneurial niche for them? There's plenty of money to fund war/weapons when that money is taken through tax by force. People just want to buy "ifart" for their iphones, not nuclear weapons.
Tax = theft, prison = kidnapping, military = cult
and me = retard because I mostly just immitate the thoughts of others, but I guess that's what thinking mostly is in general.

BAAWWWW! I want my own sandbox to play in and I deserve special treatment and be exempt from everything and do whatever I want without ever being held accountable. BAAWWW!