Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

What was the first version of Doom you ever played?

Doom II 1.666 - March 1995.
Got Doom/not ultimate after it, though I don't know the version number.

While I can remember playing SNES Doom way back when, I think I might have played it at an even younger age on the compy. I always thought Wolfenstein 3D was the only FPS game I played as a kid up until Quake, then SNES Doom, I recall playing a game with a pump-action shotgun. For the longest time before playing Wolf3D again, I thought Wolf3D had a shotty in it. Perhaps I was playing Doom, or even Shareware Doom.

Doom Shareware v1.2, if i remember it good, in the 1997 or maybe a little before that (maybe 1996?)... i remember playing this without sound output clearly...

Shareware in 1997 on a compilation games cd. First full version was Final Doom with Doom95 and Plutonia was the first 'full version' one I played. Played Doom2 8 years later.

Doomshareware from Doom and More shareware disc.
Disc contained: JetPac, Doom, Squarez, God of Thunder, Checkers and HeXagon, and two other games names that pass me by.

But my first official time with a "full version" was the SNES Doom at 2003, then at 2006 got my hands on the PC full version of all Dooms.. Or was it 2005? I dun remember.

Technician said:

Doom shareware. I was intrigued to see video games could be so violent.

Same here but on Doom95!

1995 - PC Doom II v. 1.666 (Underhalls with pillars which were later removed - I will never understand why it was removed). Truest version of Doom II for me. Doom 1 - v 1.1. sherewere without secret switch from Ultimate and this ugly scecret from v 1.2.