Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Moz

id Anthology

Hey guys and gals,
I was doing some clearing out for a car boot sale a couple days ago and came across this box of stuff that my aunt had given me about 6-7 years ago that I never bothered to go through. I found this set called id Anthology and for some reason it looked too special to sell for a few quid out the boot of the car. A quick search brought me here, where I was hoping someone could give me an honest valuation for what it's worth. I've done basic research on it and I know it's a complete set apart from a t-shirt. And is in mint condition, doubt anyone has used the discs!

So come on, just how rare is an id Anthology set to a collector these days?

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/Sav_350/IMAG0644.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/Sav_350/IMAG0646.jpg

The value varies by person really, some might feel it's worth $40, others would be willing to pay over $100/200 even if it's missing certain items. It all depends.

The best thing to do however, would be to auction it. eBay is most likely your best friend in this instance. You could either set up a fixed price you feel is reasonable (when i say reasonable, i mean fair. for example, $300 is not what i'd consider reasonable unless the item is complete), or you can set a bidding auction and let those around you value it themselves.

Either way you'll pocket quite a bit.

Depends.

Are some of the items missing or do you still have everything? And is everything still in a fairly good condition?

If so, then I would say that box is probably worth a considerable sum. in fact, it might make sense to hold on to the box until items like it have become very rare. That way you may be able to sell it for a considerable sum once collecting rare Doom items becomes all the craze (it will happen!).

If the set still has the Doom comic then you're looking at probably a bare $50 minimum. I've always wanted to get a copy of the collection, but I've never been willing to pay the amounts I've seen them sold for (Like $100-250).

magicsofa said:

So now that you've come to doomworld you're going to start playing doom all the time...right?

People have to play Doom just so they can post Doom related stuff on the forums now?

It could be worth quite a bit.

Does it have a comic? There are a lot of game only boxes available, but few with the novelties.

Ah cool, thanks for the advice. Reckon it might be worth holding on to then? Thing is about that is I dont really play video games, and I think it would be better off with someone who will enjoy it. But then again I'm a student and every spare quid is another drink!
I'm based in the UK by the way if that's gonna make any difference to the market.

Moz said:

So come on, just how rare is an id Anthology set to a collector these days?

It was apparently a limited production run of 10,000 copies and I've no idea how many currently exist in salable condition. In mint condition with t-shirt they can fetch $300 on eBay, without the t-shirt maybe $200.

Nice find mate!

I own 5 copies of id Anthology. 4 brand new sealed in the cellophane and 1 open and complete.

The value of the id Anthology has definitely gone up since I started collecting. I used to be able to get a complete, opened set for $75-$100 easily. Now a complete and opened set goes for $100-$200+ depending on condition and luck.

Yours is a GB copy where you have the "15+" stamp on it, making it more rare and either more or less desirable depending on the market you are selling to.

I think your best avenue to sell it for your own maximum profit is eBay, and expect $150-$250 USD. Make sure to be willing to ship worldwide to maximize what you get for it.

Cheers,

Dusty