Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hervoheebo

Megaman Legends 3 Cancelled

hervoheebo said:

So... fuck Capcom, discuss, et cetera.

Capcom were sensible enough to bring SSFIV to the PC. They alright in my metaphorical book.

The loss of a Megaman game? Meh.

oh no samey sequel #1453512343464645326437646436.5^2 to an old series is not being made whatever shall we do

Honestly, there are so many Marios and Zeldas and Megamans and Metroids out there that all of the series could use some cancellation.

Xeros612 said:

oh no samey sequel #1453512343464645326437646436.5^2 to an old series is not being made whatever shall we do

Honestly, there are so many Marios and Zeldas and Megamans and Metroids out there that all of the series could use some cancellation.

what the fuck am i reading

First off, 1453512343464645326437646436.5^2 =/ 3.

Second, Legends was never abused in terms of spinoffs and sequels like the main series was (the last game was released over 10 years ago). Crapcom really dropped the ball on this one, and for fucking what? Another RE game?

I remember this being news a while ago. To be more specific, it was listed with some other projects that were dropped after the Japanese earthquakes in March. Not sure why it's a big deal now (maybe just a fake article that ended up becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy). Less reason for me to ever get a 3DS, regardless.

I never liked any Megamans save for the 8-bit ones (which are some of the best games ever made), so I don't really give a fuck.

The Legends series had next-to-nothing to do with the traditional Mega Man games, so you can't really compare them to the NES games. They were great games on their own, took more cues from Zelda than Mega Man really.

Mr. Freeze said:

Second, Legends was never abused in terms of spinoffs and sequels like the main series was (the last game was released over 10 years ago).

Mega Man 9 and 10 have both come out within the last 3 years.

Also I played the first Legends, it sucked. Wasn't even aware there was a second one, heh.

Capcom's going to be at Comic-Con, some people got to their booth early and had this to say:

Comic-confag here. Went to capcom's booth last night. Security is really heavy this year everywhere and they're super strict, but it was insane at capcom. I heard someone just say megaman and they almost threw him out, and they stopped a tron cosplayer from coming anywhere near it.

I saw that too! She was walking toward the booth with her friends. I was nearby and was like "Oh shit this'll be good" so I watched. Seth Killian looked at this rent-a-cop near him, pointed to her, and he went up to her with two other guys like "You can't be here dressed like that. Company wants you gone." They threatened to confiscate her badge. I couldn't believe it.

Damage control much? At least on Youtube I've seen a pasta rallying con-goers to boo Capcom off the stage. Let's see what happens....

chungy said:

Also I played the first Legends, it sucked. Wasn't even aware there was a second one, heh.

I'm glad that's just your opinion, man, because lots of us disagree. Covering it up with a "heh" doesn't make it all roses, either.

CAPCOM is falling apart and it's a real shame. When your good people leave it's a bad sign. Reminds me of the stories about all the original alumni leaving Activision.

hervoheebo said:

Capcom's going to be at Comic-Con, some people got to their booth early and had this to say:

Damage control much? At least on Youtube I've seen a pasta rallying con-goers to boo Capcom off the stage. Let's see what happens....

That's hilariously sad if it's true.

hervoheebo said:

Wait, what? And what does Tron have to do with Capcom?

The megaman and resident evil franchises were really the only games I cared about from Capcom. Resident evil has gone to shit these days, and I pretty much doubt good megaman games will be made anymore (if at all), so at this point I don't really mind what happens to them. They at least seem to still show love for the street fighter games, but I never was much into those for some reason.

Jodwin said:

I never liked any Megamans save for the 8-bit ones (which are some of the best games ever made), so I don't really give a fuck.

Yeah I guess legends wasn't everyone's favorite, but a lot of people say they only liked the 8-bit megaman games. How you can not at least enjoy the SNES megaman X games is beyond me.

lupinx-Kassman said:

Yeah I guess legends wasn't everyone's favorite, but a lot of people say they only liked the 8-bit megaman games. How you can not at least enjoy the SNES megaman X games is beyond me.

Too big sprites (means there's less stuff on a screen at a time), don't like the cartoony art direction, don't like some of the new things you can do since they "clutter" the gameplay (Zero's sword, etc). Plus no more Wily.

Philnemba said:

I'm still disappointed that Capcom cancelled Megaman Universe.

See, this would have badass. I still say screw capcom though. They have put out [b]many[b/] great games.. (Nothing as great as Doom of course) but then they have cancelled promising installments to there select (favored series) games.

Owell, theres always this.

http://digitalwork.altervista.org/digitalwork/index.php?page=mmxe