Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomguy458

Show me your insturments!

Searched all over here,and I'm surprised there isn't a thread about it. So why not I start one? If you have any pictures of them,it would be greatly appreciated if you'd post dem axes.

Okay,here are my instruments.

(From top left to right)
Brownsville Ukulele Model UK-4
Fender Squier Bullet Double Humbucker pickup Telecaster
(Got it during the July 4th sale at Guitar Center)
Hofner B Icon Violin Bass (Hi-Series),
this is the one Paul McCartney uses
Fender Squier Mini Stratocaster
(First guitar I ever got,8 years old at the time)
Ibanez AEG10 Acoustic Electric Guitar
(From the front)
A homemade Banjolele and I made with my father
Rally Banjolele with resonator.

Let's see your stuff!

hobomaster22 said:

Here's my favorite. Pictures taken right after it was refinished and rebuilt.

Nice!What are the specs for that axe?

I own a black Ibanez GAX70:

I don't have any pictures of my own sadly. For some reason, the Ibanez logo on the headstock is red on mine.

Doomguy458 said:

Nice!What are the specs for that axe?

Original Floyd Rose Trem
Mahogany Body with flamed maple top
Maple neck with rosewood fingerboard (22 frets)
EMG 81/85 Pickups

I purchased the body for the guitar off ebay. It is made from a very heavy mahogany with a flamed maple top. I believe the body was made in the 90's and the maple was stained blue but has faded to purple, probably because it was left in the sun.

I've been meaning to do more research on the neck... but I can't tell if the mother of pearl is real or not. If it's fake then it is much higher quality than the stuff Jackson has coming out of their Japanese factories now.

Dean ML 79. Twin EMG's, Floyd Rose trem, 22 fret neck, satin black finish with an ivory white outer line...my God, I love this thing. That amp, however, is fucking ANCIENT and isn't my usual gig amp.

Doomguy458 said:

Anything applies.

Well I ain't be postin' no pic of that anytime soon, nigga.

My midi controller is an Akai MPK-49, and my main hardware synth is a DSI Mopho. I have some random stuff around like a yamaha ps-10, a didgeridoo, harmonica, violin and a Korg Kaossilator. My mic is the old reliable Shure SM58. Looking to get a trumpet and some drums that I can play while standing sometime in the future.

RightField said:
Roland Ax Synth

My sister almost bought one of those a year ago, but decided against it due to the cost. I'm sorta wishing I had either lent her the money or offered to pay for half or something, cause I think it'd be neat to have a keytar to play around with.

As for myself, I have a Yamaha KX49 that I rarely use since I'm not a very good musician :-P

My mum once got a Guzheng, but it's broken and she don't play on it now.

As for me, I doesn't have any keyboard or electronic guitar, but I do play piano, same as doondaniel95.

Old pic, have some of that stuff still. If you look in the top right hand corner you can see old Doom, Doom 2, Quake and Quake 2 cds hanging off the wall. The instruments - Roland JX8P on the top keyboard rack, Korg X5 under that and a Korg Poly800 at the bottom with the custom, key-lime green paint job. In the rack is a Nord Lead 2, Novation A-Station, and a Yamaha TX81z. On the desk is a Yamaha PTX8 drum module, Roland R8, Yamaha TX16w sampler with extended memory addon (8mg whooo) + and Typhoon OS. On top of that is a Kawai R-100.

Not shown: Korg Triton LE, Roland Juno 106, Korg DW8000, 2 Ensoniq Mirgage keyboards, another JX8p, Multivox suitcase synth, Korg Electribe EX, Seagull S6, Ibanez SDGR, Fender Mexi Strat.

i don't have any pics of my studio, but here's what i use:

main instrument = ensoniq asr-10 sampler beast. over the years i have learned to do some very interesting things with this:

my latest drumkit started as a 5-piece pacific percussion kit with ride, crash, and hi-hat. from working in venues where bands often leave behind gear, i have built it up to a wood and metal behemoth. 8 drums and 9 cymbals including 2 snares and 2 hi-hats and some serious hardware. it looks like a cross between something from a van halen video and tetsuo the iron man.

2 of these:

1 of these:

as well as a bunch of pedals and effects units, speakers, amps, mics, mixing console, etc.

Ed said:

Old pic, have some of that stuff still.

The ultimate basement-dweller setup. Even since it's an old pic,I'm surprised that most of that stuff can hold on it's own.
I also own a bass amp (Humburger??? IDK,something German) and a Line 6 Spider 4 75 watt. I love the Wah on the damn thing.