Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sorry doomers, I've never wanted to take the risk to be banned, but now I know the misunderstanding.
For now I'm tryin' to learn how to use doom builder (my pc is really old and I can't get fit with DB2) and I'm planning to do a megawad with 12 maps with 30 new monsters (from Realm667 beastiary pack, not mine :-( ).
Project's title is "Hordes Of Titans", and for now I've implemented a nice acid-rain that devastate your skin.
At the end of next month I will try another time to upload my works. BYE!

with 30 new monsters (from Realm667 beastiary pack, not mine

This makes me skeptical. The realm667 monsters tend to be overused and 30 new monsters seems like way too many.

For 12 maps, 30 new monsters seems a bit much. However, if you can implement them well, guess I can't complain.

I think you need to learn how to write more sensible posts :P

Also, if you're just learning doombuilder, adding lots of advanced features (even new monsters) might not be a good idea. It takes a good amount of skill to produce a quality map for regular old doom, let alone with tons of new monsters to screw up the balance and this crazy acid rain you speak of

Ozymandias81 said:

Sorry doomers, I've never wanted to take the risk to be banned, but now I know the misunderstanding.

Dude, you're fine, no one's gonna ban you, I don't see how this post would be even a slight risk to that. All you did was announce a project.

By the way, you should probably have posted this in WADs and Mods instead, but I'm sure a moderator will move it for you.

For a beginner, it's wise to avoid new monsters, but some people can work with them well. I believe PsychoPhobia is a good example of well used custom monsters.

yeah man, if you're just starting, seriously, go for something vanilla, or even Boom if you must. starting with the basics gives you a good foundation though, while being lured into ZDoom mapping and whatnot can somewhat screw with your mapping later down the road.

for example, let's just say you do nothing but map for ZDoom for 10 years and then try to make a Boom map for, oh, let's just say, CChest. you may end up feeling overly confined by and bitch nonstop about Boom limits, only to make yet another rectangular, hallway-ridden map, but without the reflective floors and custom monsters.

stick with vanilla. not only will you get more of the necessary experience, you'll appeal to a wider audience, too.