Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

Shootable switches in vanilla Doom.

So for shootable switches in vanilla Doom, a couple of quick questions.

-They are only triggered by hitscan weapons, not by rocket or plasma projectiles. Is this right?

-Monsters, even hitscan monsters cannot trigger a shootable switch if they happen to shoot it, only the player is able to do so. Is this right?

Thanks guys. :)

Now that's what I like. A man who can get straight to the point.

Thanks Memfis.

I think that gunshot doors can be triggered by monsters, but I'm not so sure about gunshot rising platforms.

Also I believe that Gx lines will trigger even if a hitscan passes through the line, rather than hitting a wall.

I think I remember auto-aim targeting Gx triggers. Is this true?

magicsofa said:

I think I remember auto-aim targeting Gx triggers. Is this true?

False.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

They are only triggered by hitscan weapons, not by rocket or plasma projectiles. Is this right?

Minor point, but not to forget that punch and chainsaw works the same as Gun for switch purposes.

In Doom, only hitscan weapons (Fist, Chainsaw, Pistol, Shotguns, Chaingun) can trigger a shootable switch.

In ZDoom, any weapon can trigger a shootable switch except BFG tracers and splash damage.

In Heretic, any weapon except Hell Staff rain and splash damage can trigger a shootable switch.

Thanks Vermil and hawkwind.

Just as an aside, which oldschool megawad had glass windows that would shatter when shot? Am I thinking of Requiem? I don't think it was MM or MM2. I haven't played these megawads in a long time.

Eternal Doom is the only vanilla megawad I can think of with awkward Doom-style breakable windows.