Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Reisal

[Resolved] Viewer for Quake 1 textures

I already tried Wally and Quark and I just want to view textures in a simple manner so I can work on making the Quake game module for the future version of Oblige so it uses more textures per theme.

Any ideas?

Wally didn't work? The only other utility I know of for Quake files is PakExplorer. http://quakestuff.telefragged.com/ Don't remember if it has a built in texture previewer though; haven't used it since Steam came out and Half-Life was updated to run with it (which is when the game stopped using Pak files and just kept them in a directory)

I don't think I was able to find what to show the texture list the way Doom Builder does with Wally.

How exactly do I view the entire list of textures the Quake PAK files have with this?

The textures are stored in the levels (.bsp files), not as external files in the PAK. AdQuEdit should be able to do what you want, but you'd have to go through each level individually. So the better solution would be to just download quake101.wad and load it with TexMex or a similar WAD2 tool.

If you ran qsavetex from OBLIGE then you will already have the WAD with all the textures in it (and won't need to warez it). Probably need to renamed the extension from WD2 to WAD -- quake wads are different from doom wads which is why I chose a different extension, but existing quake programs may need the "wad" extension.

I believe I got stuff working by just pointing Quark to my Quake directory in my Steam folder.

Cheers.