Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Episode 1 Intermission Screen fan-art (work in progress)

E1M4 with loads more detail on the tower and an additional tower off to the left.

Detail on the towers. I got a little crazy with detail on this area.

Hey look, that last pic looks like the super secret 'Leaning Tower of Pisa' level. :P

Pics look really good overall.

These look great as ever!

Command Control, looking similar to the last render but with a bit more detail.

Phobos Lab, which is going to take a lot of work. This is a pretty early build.

This is all fantastic work. I'm very happy you're doing it Goaty.

Thank you so much for the positive responses. Your collective enthusiasm has motivated me to keep working on this. It's also been a wonderful learning experience, as this is the first time I've really dabbled with 3-D modeling, other than brief experimentation with a Quake editor years back. I still have much work left to do!

DoomHero85 said:

This is awesome. I hope you texture it when you're done and make it an alternate intermission screen.

I'm actually a graphic designer/illustrator, so I'm probably going to export a very high resolutuion image, then use it as the guidelines to create a 2-D vector image (probably in Illustrator), although it would be pretty fucking cool to see it done with the Doom palette at 1024x768.

DoomHero85 said:

You using something like Autocad to make these?

Google Sketchup, which is essentially Autocad for dummies. It's very powerful but also seen as a "toy" by some because it's not as powerful as your standard modeling programs, but it does have some of its features.

GoatLord said:

Added lots of detail to Phobos Lab!
***Le Image***

You shouldn't forget that E1M5's building is embedded into a cliff separating two valleys on Phobos. Otherwise, great job!

Hellbent said:

do you want to make some intermission screens for dtwid? :D

For what?

Anyway, here's E1M6 in progress.

Hold on. I thought that above pic was supposed to be Phobos Lab. Sorry for pointing the error, but it looks good either way.

(Also, the pic also could work for Deimos lab as well, seeing as they practically use the same structuring)

GoatLord said:

[In response to Hellbents DTWID comment]

For what?

He's talking about this, which is being made for the main project which is to make Doom wad that looks almost as if it came from lost levels of the original Doom.

Oooooh, looks like I could learn a thing or two about Sketchup from you ;)
Great work, incredible detail and the polygons on your models are very clean. Me gusta.

ellmo said:

Oooooh, looks like I could learn a thing or two about Sketchup from you ;)
Great work, incredible detail and the polygons on your models are very clean. Me gusta.

Thanks, although Sketchup can be a nightmare, though I suppose that's true for any significantly complex program. It's wonderful in that there are numerous (often free) plugins that users create, which greatly enhance and speed up the construction process. The problem is that there is a good chance the plugins not only won't work, but might even crash Sketchup, even if you follow the instructions exactly. There are often insufficient resources for learning how to intimately understand some of these plugins as well.

My inner artist has been inspired by this. Im taking your pictures and I'm going to redraw some of then by hand, or at least try. Do you have any specific wishes for which screenshots I should draw out?