Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bucket

Beavis and Butthead preview

Yes, they're coming back.
Even if B&B aren't your thing, you HAVE to watch them tear into Jersey Shore (about 3 minutes in).

Judge's voice has obviously aged, but I can't see how they can screw up a new series, seeing as it's pretty formulaic.

I'm looking forward to it. It may not be generation x countercultural, but I'm sure it'll entertain the youth of today.

Bucket said:

Even if B&B aren't your thing, you HAVE to watch them tear into Jersey Shore (about 3 minutes in).

Got me lost.. "tear in to Jersey Shore?

...and They're really bringing B&B back?

I think the timing is too fast, Beavis and Butthead is funny in some part because of how awkward everything feels. The original series didn't really have jokes so much as it just had "happenings." I was really prepared to hate the reality show commentary but I thought it was the funniest part. I hope they figure this out because I love Beavis and Butthead.

Bank said:

I think the timing is too fast, Beavis and Butthead is funny in some part because of how awkward everything feels. The original series didn't really have jokes so much as it just had "happenings." I was really prepared to hate the reality show commentary but I thought it was the funniest part. I hope they figure this out because I love Beavis and Butthead.

It's the orchestral moments that I didn't care for. The original show rarely ever had any soundtrack and that also added to the long awkward moments you speak of.

I missed these guys. I'll give it a chance since I know Mike Judge is a very funny guy.

I won't pretend to not be interested in this. Beavis and Butthead watching music videos is one of the fondest memories I have of '90s television.

I was just watching Beavis and Butthead last night. The pacing in this felt somehow more like King of the Hill than Beavis and Butthead (and I like both shows, for the record)...it doesn't feel the same but hopefully it'll work anyway.

Ah, holy shit beavis's voice is just wrong.

In any event, that clip was pretty much classic B&B. It'll probably end up being pretty good I think.

Quast said:

Ah, holy shit beavis's voice is just wrong.

In any event, that clip was pretty much classic B&B. It'll probably end up being pretty good I think.

A little too much Hank Hill will leave your voice a little rough around the edges, I tell you what.

Beavis sounds actually more tolerable now to me.

I hope Judge can bring back the pyromaniac in Beavis. That was the best thing about him besides Cornholio.

Awesome. Can't wait for this. Mike Judge hasn't lost his touch.

Shame about what happened to King of the Hill though. The early seasons were great, but some of the more recent episodes I've watched I couldn't wait for them to be over :/

This is really awesome, I've always been a huge fan...uh huh huh, I said "huge". :D

Animation looks pretty nice, looks like it has a little more of a direction in terms of episode plot, and it's still fucking hillarious. Go Mike Judge Go!

Bucket said:

They need to that with every one of MTVs current shows. The herpes comment would apply to most of them.

Haha, yes. Stupid show it might be, but I always loved it and I grew up with it.

It'll be souless as everything that makes a return >> Sublime, Alice in CHains, the Critic, Futurama, Family Guy, Duke Nukem... Pet Cemetary...

Wait, Sublime came back? How the fuck? Though I guess it's just as weird as Alice and Chains reforming.

And the Critic is back? TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY!!

Critic came back 2x. Once on Fox, then on... the Internet... shitty shitty shitty.

Sublime came back like Alice in Chains... new singers. but the catch with Sublime is the widow of the singer would get a cut of the name Sublime. So now its Sublime with Rome. I guess it makes sense to cut out the singer's widow. She'd probably just blow it on more anti drug ads.

Lots of early 90s bands are reformed again as of last year. STP, Hole, Alice in Chains, Sublime, Cold, Soundgarden... Nirvana with Zombie Curt Jesus.

geo said:

Critic came back 2x. Once on Fox, then on... the Internet... shitty shitty shitty.

Oh wow, that was over a decade ago. I thought you meant recently.

Lots of early 90s bands are reformed again as of last year. STP, Hole, Alice in Chains, Sublime, Cold, Soundgarden... Nirvana with Zombie Curt Jesus.

STP is back? Mite be cool...

My friend was actually driving around Seattle when The End announced a surprise reunion concert for AiC that night. He was like 3 blocks from the place selling tickets so he pulled over and ran over to where it was. He got to be one of the first people to see them play after reforming. :P

A Nirvana reunion would be sacrilege.

Clonehunter said:

Whoa nellie, Beavis and Butthead are back? Not my cup of tea, but I like Mike Judge, so I'll try this new stuff.

Damn it, because of your avatar I read that in Applejack's voice.

STP has been back 2 years or almost. They had a new album last year. The beauty about Nirvana was dying before you became irrelevant. Trent Reznor was right to retire Nine Inch Nails.

When Critic came back Fox retooled him... which was good. Then the Internet retooled him into a 2 cast show. Shitty shitty shitty.

Futurama's ressurection this season seems to be stuff they really could've done on the Simpsons.

Eh everyone lip syncs, people only care when its someone they hate. I was at a Marilyn Manson concert once where the bass guitar broke and the bassist left the stage for a song..... the bass guitar was still playing.

I was at another concert where the opening band asked how we all were doing tonight... well the song was still singing when he asked us.

Danarchy said:

Damn it, because of your avatar I read that in Applejack's voice.

Funny. I don't really know why I started that sentence that way. But I think I'll do that more often now. :P

geo said:

Eh everyone lip syncs, people only care when its someone they hate. I was at a Marilyn Manson concert once where the bass guitar broke and the bassist left the stage for a song..... the bass guitar was still playing.

I was at another concert where the opening band asked how we all were doing tonight... well the song was still playing when he asked us.

One more reason I never go to concerts. It's always canned. (The other reason being they're always amazingly packed and just end up being boring and again not my cup of cider.)