Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Broly3k9

Cant remember WADs.. Help?

Hello all, long time user of the WADs index but first time typing in forums.. Although i had troubles getting in due to my old account not having privilages to do anything.. Weird i wasn't banned or anything but i suppose this is not the place for that discussion.. On to what i wanted to ask.

Ok so number 1: I used to have a weapons wad on an old hard drive that was i believe a replacement for every weapon but what i was most looking for were the BFG and Plasma Rifle replacements. They were both grossly overpowered and made maps like Nuts seem to easy. The BFG replacement fired a blast that all i can remember was blue (purple? color blind :) ) but when it hit it took out a huge radius around you with lightning bolts. I remember it was called something along the lines of BFG 24000 or 40000 or something along those lines. The plasma rifle fired blue orbs (or purple) that i think were little balls of electricity or something of the like because i distinctly remember them making thunder/lightning sounds when striking things. Ohh crap just remembered the rocket launcher replacement was the duke's rocket thingy with tiny missiles with red little fins (i think.. shady memory) It fired pretty damn fast and was my answer to revenants.

Number 2 will be much easier as im sure everyone knows it: its a map, and its so big the maker/makers split it into 4 pieces, but i believe he made and extra one with all 4 put together for the higher end PC's. It was my favorite map but for the life of me can not remember the name.

PS 3?: There was a map i downloaded long ago when i first got into WADs i barely remember it but maybe what i remember can perk someones mind? I remember of course, that it was huge, and for the most part it was in some giant area cave, with lots of platforms and an ungodly number of monsters. the floor was lava and revnants and arch viles i remember were used.. excessively.... due to the open area style of the map and how f-ing huge it was it always seemed like everything that fired projectiles could always see you. Without cheats or friends i remember it was impossible.

Ok thanks everyone for reading so far into my horrible spelling and grammar, and +1 Million Internets to anyone who can help me with any and or all of these files. I'm sure #2 will be easy.

PS: If anyone has any suggestions to grotesquely large maps with seemingly endless amount of monsters, please give me a heads up.. Ive grown fond of playing for long periods of time and like starting a map and playing in my spare time. Thanks again.

Broly3k9 said:

Number 2 will be much easier as im sure everyone knows it: its a map, and its so big the maker/makers split it into 4 pieces, but i believe he made and extra one with all 4 put together for the higher end PC's. It was my favorite map but for the life of me can not remember the name.

Arg, I know which map you mean. It has some ridiculous amount of monsters, right? Like 20,000+ on map4. I can't remember the name but it's well known I think so somebody else should be able to.

PS: If anyone has any suggestions to grotesquely large maps with seemingly endless amount of monsters, please give me a heads up.. Ive grown fond of playing for long periods of time and like starting a map and playing in my spare time. Thanks again.

Sunder :)

Broly3k9 said:

That'll be Holy Hell

PS 3?: There was a map i downloaded long ago when i first got into WADs

Roughly how long ago would that be? Single or multi-map wad? Knowing that will help us narrow down the search.

I'm almost 100% positive the third 1 was a single map WAD.. It was just entirely large to followed by anything, and i do remember it being only 1 map..

And.. I didn't download it anytime before 2009. I'm positive it was an older wad but fuzzy memory's are just that... Fuzzy..

Ohh and yes that is the WAD. Thank you kind sir, you've been rewarded with 1000000 Internets. Please check your account and make sure youve received.

No GreyGhost def got it.. Trust me, just played the WAD myself i know its the one i was looking for.. Although DV is an excellent map as well. Now all im missing is the weapons wad.. :(

No thats not it.. although it was very.... entertaining. The map i was talking about had the same open space feel as that one but it was rocky caveish, with the magma stuff everywhere, and im almost positive the one im thinking of was much bigger... Thanks for that map though.. Definitively liked it.

Hmm. I'm at a loss, I like the types of levels you like too and am pretty sure i have every level in the archive like that. Here's another guess: The final map (map 11) of this wad?:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=11387

E: You're sure this other wad is an older wad too? There are many newer wads that fit that description, but they've been made within the last year or two.

Nope just played it and thats not it.. Although it was fun as well. I remember the one im thinking of being a bit older, and im pretty sure i found it literally by clicking the random WAD button while doing the search.. Just can not remember the name of it. I think thats how i found the weapons wad as well. Has something happened with the database, because i noticed alot of WADs are no longer around? Did ID do something?

Well... You've stumped me. I don't what map it is. That's the bad news. The good news is that I'm building a map in the style of the one you're looking for right now, Will probably be a better/harder map anyway. I'll let you know when it's ready.

Doom hero:

Saweet! I'll def be looking forward to it. Wish i knew the basics of map building, id build my own.. But i do not even know where to begin with programs let alone with how to build.

EDIT:
WTF is wrong with the database now? I swear i could find Dues Vult and The Spire in the WAD search before.. Now i can not? Whats going on?

Broly3k9 said:

WTF is wrong with the database now? I swear i could find Dues Vult and The Spire in the WAD search before.. Now i can not? Whats going on?

Here you go. Check your spelling and search field (it resets to "Filename", which I find one of the less useful fields to search on).

Wow lol.. thanks. That fixed me right up.. Yeah didn't realize File name and Title were different but now that I've got that figured out things are becoming much easier. By the way, i still can not find that damn weapons mod. I though i had found it earlier but did not. Armas 18 has the same Plasma rifle replacement but the one from the wad i remember shot a littler faster (or the same? I think maybe i usually had speed shooting on at the time?)but it was the same weapon, and the sound was the same or very similar. The BFG had the same kind of color and when it hit like i said lightning bolts came down and hit everything around you.. What i liked about it so much (the BFG that is) was that it was great for slaughter maps cause it had this great affect that as long as you kept moving forward the lightning bolts would continue to rain down on enemy's, for a short distance that is.. But it worked wonder on wads such as NUTs and Holy Hell. The missile launcher was the one from duke (i think never played duke to much) where there was a launcher on either side of the screen, and it fired the little pin missiles, but it too was amazing for large groups.. Please this is the one WAD i am looking for the most atm.. If anyone knows of it.. the internets score has been upped to 2mil now..

EDIT:

Just played the level No Chance.. Its literally got the same texture and feel to it as the third wad i was thinking of. Just imagine that WAD Quadruple the size and more open space.

Yes i saw it.. I just hope more people see this thread and can help me find this weapon wad.. Did you see my suggestion? I think it was on page 3.

You wanna playtest my map so far? Let me just throw in more health and you can give it a whirl. I haven't put the traps after getting the keys yet though. So this version will be outdated by tomorrow afternoon.

E: Scratch that. I'll make the traps now and give you a link.

Ok i think this thread can be closed now.. I have just found the weapons wad i was looking for. Took me many days, and a tons of file downloads to finally find it hiding, in the weapons 3 wad in this file http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=14147

Crazy right? Just went on my portable hardrive too. Never losing this SOB again..

Doomhero, yes please send me map ill play test it. I suggest giving the weapons 3 wad a try on that wad i posted.. The rest are.. eh, ok, but that wad right there makes slaughter maps that much funner.. trust me. Load it and IDFA it just to try it out, suggest trying it on something like nuts or level 32 of Plutonia...

No but i think its a lost cause due to my lack of detail.. Although if someone has a hint or knows of it it would be a miracle to have found it, but im think realisticly in that no one probably will. But i suppose stranger things have happened.. Im begining to wonder if i found it in one of the old super files wad things.. dont know propper term, but i remember way back when my mother (yes my mother was a HUGE fan of doom, lol.) showed me this file that had like 3k wads in it? it was pretty old though and i think iD put it together.. maybe i got it from there?

Broly3k9 said:

PS 3?: There was a map i downloaded long ago when i first got into WADs i barely remember it but maybe what i remember can perk someones mind? I remember of course, that it was huge, and for the most part it was in some giant area cave, with lots of platforms and an ungodly number of monsters. the floor was lava and revnants and arch viles i remember were used.. excessively.... due to the open area style of the map and how f-ing huge it was it always seemed like everything that fired projectiles could always see you. Without cheats or friends i remember it was impossible.

For some reason I am reminded of the last level of Equinox, but I'm probably wrong; if it was Equinox, you'd remember it.

RjY said:

For some reason I am reminded of the last level of Equinox, but I'm probably wrong; if it was Equinox, you'd remember it.

Not it but very interesting levels. I actually liked a couple of em..

Imagine this, the last level, the giant main room. THe map i am thinking of is approximatly the same size hiegth and width, MUCH brighter, the lava,stone, and general hellish volcano textures used instead of the tecky look that one had, and instead of 1 platform in the middle, many platforms in all different sizes scattered around, with MANY more monsters. I do remember a certain, albiet very smal time frame, of events when playing this map.. i remember stepping on a teleporter, being transported to a cavern of sorts attached to the main map, i remember a couple revenants attacking as soon as i teleported there, then after killing them i was at first confused of how to escape the chamber, but found an exit throw a cool little trick the dev had done with lava flow, he had made one of the walls look like it was a waterfall of lava, and had made it so wyou could go through the lava.. if i hadnt been humping the wall looking for micro switches i would have never noticed... but wait, soon as i passed through the wall, bam, being ganged up on by revenants.. Exciting map really.