Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

win95

ok i need to install win95 onto someones computer, however they never gave me the reg code. so how do i crack that, or get around useing it. honestly the code should be put on the damn cd's
also i want to burn this, for ahh back up. so how do i burn a windows disk

Why on this earth are you installing 95? Either install DOS 5.2 or Win98 SE. Everything in between is bugshit.

DC

I just replaced win95B with Win98 (not SE, even :P) on my old computer three months ago. I have to say that Win98 is far far far more stable. No more illegal operations in Wadauthor, no more internal errors with Internet Explorer. No more BSODs (well one, but I used to get two or three a week with '95B). No more of the multitude of fuckups with dozens of other programs I used to have to put up with. I have to agree that Win95 (any version) just plain sucks.

(Sorry Lüt :P)

Originally posted by stphrz
I just replaced win95B with Win98 (not SE, even :P) on my old computer three months ago. I have to say that Win98 is far far far more stable. No more illegal operations in Wadauthor, no more internal errors with Internet Explorer. No more BSODs (well one, but I used to get two or three a week with '95B). No more of the multitude of fuckups with dozens of other programs I used to have to put up with. I have to agree that Win95 (any version) just plain sucks.

(Sorry Lüt :P)

Yeah, your problems have been toned down in frequency. Wait until you get XP. 99% of your problems will be outright removed. =)

Well this old box will never be able to run XP =) It simply can't. If you know what I mean.

Well apparantly people are trying to force Microsoft to make a lot of different versions of XP with certain things removed... so they're just might be a WinXPSE "Light" version available in a year's time from now or so. Wouldn't THAT be nice, Windows without 5000 bundled programs....... Mmmmmmmmm........

Originally posted by Doom-Child
provided that they use WinXP Pro as a base, instead of Home.

As long as they have the dual-process support it's fine.

I can't understand how that wasn't a standard since Win95 anyway.

Originally posted by Lüt
As long as they have the dual-process support it's fine.

I can't understand how that wasn't a standard since Win95 anyway.

Because they want to get more money from you?

Win95b was well behaved for me compared to Win98 and Win98SE... Unfortunately I now have hardware that won't behave unless I use Win98 at least so it's goodbye to good ol' Win95b for me.
Win95 original = evil. IMO, the only virus to be mass-marketed.

Originally posted by fraggle`
not wanting to sound like a miserable basrad but doesnt this count as warez?

No links, no url suggestions, no demands. Nah, I don't think so...