Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vermil

Doomsday starts open multiplayer testing for 1.9.7

Deng team have been fixing Doomsday's multiplayer code since March and the point has been reached where most of the known showstopper problems have been fixed and actual game play testing can happen without major errors. The team have set up public test Deathmatch servers (co-op will follow later) for Doom, Doom II, Heretic: SOTR and HeXen, to help in finding out what is still broken. People interested in helping test should download the latest unstable build to join the game and expect to have to update regularly. The current unstable build can be accessed via the Doomsday Build Events RSS feed. More information can be found in the news thread at the Doomsday forums.

Seems my links and paragraphing got messed up in the transfer from the submissions forum.

Can they be fixed?

It's the usual deal when using {url="path-in-quotes"} tags. The script or whatever automatically adds quotes already, so you should use {url=path-without-quotes} instead.

I'm not a part of Deng Team; I was just ordered by their royal highnesses to make a post here about it :p

This release of Dday is not a stable release (hence the reference to unstable builds). It is solely meant for testing the in the progress mp code rebuild.

Vermil said:

I'm not a part of Deng Team; I was just ordered by their royal highnesses to make a post here about it :p

That pretty much makes you their PR guy. ;)

Good to hear. I used to use Doomsday all the time years ago, but changed to ZD because of multi-player. It's great to see that you guys are working on this. I'll check it out. Good luck!