Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've started a new map off too I'm hoping I could get in before the time ends. Haven't made a lot of slaughter maps but i have a good idea of what they look like :)

DoomHero85 said:

There is no time limit anymore. It seems you guys want a megawad of this, and a megawad you shall get, even if I have to make all of the other levels myself.

I still really wanna play your level!! >:)

Wow guys im actually really surprised at some of the good work coming out of this. I honestly though that this was gonna be a Noobie mega wad or something, but after playing some of yalls WADs im completely taken aback. Doing good work everyone. Cat looks good Phml. Im gonna play throught it again here in a moment see if i cant try to do it at speed run speed.. I doubt it though.

Doomhero: dude dont worry im getting my came up now.. figured out how to make a door now lol.. Wont be sending you anymore rooms like that again, although that one is kinda fun to me. Its cool knowing that even with the odds stacked against you in that manor that you can still win. If anyone wants to try my first ever Doom Builder 2 map just PM me.. Its absolutely beatable but its def not anything youd tell your friends about..

Phml said:

Cat is more or less done.

O.O

This is an amazing level! Yeah, I know I used my weapon mod, but it was so awesome (and laggy, unsurprisingly).

Here's a few screenshots of the carnage using my super rocket-plasma-and-bullet chaingun. It shoots 1 of each per 1 tic, BOOM!

DoomHero85 said:

did you use prboom? If not, my map isn't gonna work on your machine.

I used GZDoom on x2 HQ Resize.

It seems to be going unbelievably fast today.

Odd-o-matic said:

I used GZDoom on x2 HQ Resize.

It seems to be going unbelievably fast today.

What weap wad you using?

Odd-o-matic said:

It's pretty big, everything in it was mine...

Although, I might upload it...

Id love to see it dude.. Looks pretty awesome.. Lots of weapons too..

DoomHero85 said:

How'd you make it, if you tell me that, i don't need yours.

Well, it doesn't just contain that weapon though.
It contains better ones...

I'll edit out those sprites and change them though, they are personal!

EDIT: Removed the link because I'm not too keen on lots of people having the mod.

DoomHero85 said:

you'll probably need this mod to even have a chance in my map. Lol.

This mod is the reason I really wanna play your map! :)

DoomHero85 said:

bad news, i just loaded up my map in its current state, i get 0.25 fps in gzdoom. You're fucked.

I'm pretty sure it will be alright, I played nochance.wad with monsters respawn, -fast and this weapon mod with a bunch of those aimbots summoned and it ran fine, dunno why it's going smoothly but I'm loving it!!

all right, if you say so. I'm busy for the rest of today and tomorrow, but Saturday and Sunday I'll get mapping on it again and maybe i can release a beta next week sometime.

At last, the first map of Slaughterfest is almost finished! I just need help on monster placement, testing, etc. Drop down the canyonside and enter the base, taking out anything and everything inside!!!!!

Note: This is a bundled-together map. Some of the parts i started working on today since I thought I lost my old MAP01, the original MAP01 i made, and the fisrt map I made for my first ever WAD, InterMission, which I never released.

Phml said:

Cat is more or less done.

You missed tagging the inside of a door =/ FDA. It was on the right, after the new areas. I see you expanded on the old map, the start is also a bit cooler. I can't remember, did the old version use this midi? It fits really well. I remembered that HoM bug on the stairs while I was playing, lol. I think I'll play some more with save/reloading so I don't take forever to finish it, heheh.

Not really. I've been making a map01 design for a while, just to kick off the game a little. Not trying to throw everything off. But I was trying to make this map as to where it'll make sense as a first map. Sorry for the confusion.

phml:

That map was damn sweet. I just got 3 things I want to mention about cat.

1. The switch that lowers both a megasphere and reveals an AV on the east side of the map (I hope you get where I mean). You can get stuck inside the closet, so put a switch on the inside of the closet as well.

2. The switch in the beginning that activates the invuln. I always start the map by running up the staris and push the witch that reveals the revs and just run around for a while and then go back to switchhunting the floor to get that invuln later. Maybe this was intented, but I guess not since you have set the switch to lower to the ground.

3. I finished the map with 51% kills after clearing out all areas except that huge outside area that I couldn't figure out to get to. Shouldn't this be required to finish the map?

Sorry if I just misunderstood something. Great map otherwise!

edit: My map for slaughterfest is pretty embarassing when I see the screenshots here, very good work guys! I hope my very basic HR style won't lower the standard of this wad :/ I just can't get any inspiration to make a super-big and detailed map right know.

Thanks for the feedback!

@dannebubinga

1. Good point, will fix.

2. It was intended, well, sort of. It's a throwback to Phmlspd Map01 where I messed up the switch that opened the door - you could activate it without climbing the stairs. This time, it rewards you for knowing you can activate switches through the ground. ;)

As for how to know where it is, that's sort of the difficulty and the balance for an efficient powerup. You could activate it right away while there's no monsters but waste a part of it, you could remember the exact position and activate it while there's a ton of stuff, you could wait until everything in the room is dead so you can hunt it. It's right in the middle and south of the two circle columns, so if you align yourself in front of the red floor where you pick up the plasma and walk while pressing the spacebar repeatedly, you can more or less get it reliably within a second or two.

3. I wanted the level to have this gigantic, humongous secret area that would be an alternative path as you can get the blue key that way and skip most of the real map.

Plus, I was also thinking it could be fun to have people go through the whole map except this, finally exit...

"Whew, I'm done. ... What, 50% kills left?!"

As for killcounter users, they might expect that huge horde of monsters that never come and step warily on the exit teleporter thinking it's a trap.

:p

The secret might not be obvious enough. I didn't want for it to be too straightforward, because you can get crushed if you get there before you get the BFG (or even the RL). It's hard to spot normally but easier to see while invulnerable. I'll think about it.

As for your own map, I liked it when you posted the beginning and the other screenshot you've shown has a nice HR feel to it. I'm sure it'll be fun. :)

@AB

I assume the door (lift) on the right is the same problem dannebubinga encountered.

The old version just used TNT Map08. I wanted something slow-paced, somewhat creepy this time around, like the map itself has gone bad. My main inspiration was ToD's maps (smedley obv.), who often have that eerie abstract feel.

About the HoM - ha! The worst part is, I noticed it on my very last playthrough (and only then ; and you have no idea how many times I've played and replayed this over the last few days!), but forgot to write it down. Thanks for bringing that up. :)

Here's a new link with the aforementioned fixes : Cat