Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Blastfrog

Is there an image hosting site that doesn't rename images?

What the thread title says. I need it for newstuff reviews. I can't seem to find anything useful on Google.

Photobucket gives you the option of randomizing the filenames or leaving them as they are. Its interface has grown more annoying over time, and I don't use it much anymore, but it's still got one of the easiest and best-organized layouts for viewing and managing images and folders (I'll never understand how people can work with flickr).

I have a free account and I get 10GB of bandwidth per month and unlimited image storage, though I've had the account for years so I'm not sure if every new user immediately receives those capacities - mine have changed over the years.

If you decide to use it, be sure to go to the "resize images" section of the upload options page and select "Best possible quality (while staying 1mb or less)" to keep the uploader from downsizing large images.

Dropbox might be a viable option for you. It's almost as dead simple as you get... you get folders on your computer, drop files in there, and it'll automatically sync those folders online. There's two special folders called Photos and Public; subfolders in Photos are automatically available as galleries on the Dropbox website (example), whereas Public is pretty much free-reign and you link to files directly (you can setup a custom HTML page and whatnot and use it as a free simple web host even).

If you need an account, this link will give both you and me an extra 250MB: http://db.tt/27Yh2HF

Since Bloodshedder will always download them and upload them on doomworld anyway, you can just zip the bunch and put it on the DRD Team file server.