Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kinsie

Retina Convention

id have updated Doom Classic for the iPhone, adding a new menu system, support for higher-resolution "retina" displays, iPad support and general bug fixes. They've also dropped the price of the game and all other id Mobile games for the duration of QuakeCon to 99c (except Doom Resurrection, which only went down to $1.99) There's also an id/Bethesda Steam sale for QuakeCon... but that's hardly news by now.

Some additional info:
- Wolfenstein 3D has gotten the same update, too. iPad, Retina, etc. etc.
- The Doom update removes multiplayer. According to a comment by the producer on TouchArcade, a "more robust" implementation will appear soon.

Trasher][ said:

- The Doom update removes multiplayer. According to a comment by the producer on TouchArcade, a "more robust" implementation will appear soon.

Jeebus, thats a bit rude. Surely they could have left it in until the new robust version was done?

I mentioned this in the other thread too, but I got a response from John Carmack just a bit ago stating that he forgot about the source release and was getting his mobile app team on it immediately.

If you look at the automap, it draws a picture of a coat hanger. Right?

It gets worse. I bought it this week and the map names for the last few maps in E2 are those of E1. ie: E2M9 Military Base, E2M8 Phobos Anomoly etc.