Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Bruce Dickinson became 53 years old today!

Bruce Dickinson, the world-famous singer of the metal band Iron Maiden has birthday today! He's 53.

I think he's incredible! He's singer, songwriter, airline pilot, fencer, broadcaster, author, screenwriter, actor and marketing director!

And also, he sings as well as in the 80's. An amazing person.

Katamori said:

Bruce Dickinson, the world-famous singer of the metal band Iron Maiden has birthday today! He's 53.

So?

I'm curious, is he a teetotaler? He must be, otherwise he wouldn't always be able to pilot. Also, it just happens that most famous bands have problems with alcohol and/or drugs midway thru their success, I'm curious if it happened here too.

Nah, I'm pretty sure every member of Maiden except Janick Gers enjoys a good pint.

None of them ever took it to excess though, and I don't think any of them really got seriously into drugs. They were in it to play awesome music, rather than for the rock and roll lifestyle.

I think I've heard some stories about Bruce that'd have him up near (and indeed being involved with) Ozzy on occaission. In any case, good band and no shock to see that they're well into middle age by now. Steve Harris is about 60 or so by now, right?

53 isn't a particularly notable age in itself.

However, I saw Maiden live a couple of weeks ago (and yes, they were good) so yay Bruce or something. :P

AirRaid said:

Bruce would probably win that.. he's licensed to fly commercial passenger jets.

It would be cool to be in a plane piloted by him and hear "The Final Frontier" :)

Okay guys, I know, I know, 53 is not a special number.

I'm just happy because this is the first "important" event I heard since I love Iron Maiden (December 2010)

Also, IMO Dickinson is an amazing person, I like him.

Happy Birthday Bruce!

How old is Eddie now? ;)

Megalyth said:

Cool. I'll rock some Maiden for the occasion, it's been a while.

Time to play Hallowed Be Thy Name!

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I turned 20 today, where's my thread

Doom Dude said:

How old is Eddie now? ;)

Approximately 34. Estimates vary on when he made his first appearance on stage.

Katamori said:

I think he's incredible! He's singer, songwriter, airline pilot, fencer, broadcaster, author, screenwriter, actor and marketing director!

And also, he sings as well as in the 80's. An amazing person.

He's the same age as my dear old Mom and Dad :)

Only 53? Considering that Iron Maiden has been around since 1975, I'm a bit surprised, but then again Bruce wasn't their first singer.

GoatLord said:

Only 53? Considering that Iron Maiden has been around since 1975, I'm a bit surprised, but then again Bruce wasn't their first singer.

Bruce joined only in 1982, with the Number of the Beast album.

GoatLord said:

Corrected it for you.

You don't know how many arguments I got into about Iron Maiden being Heavy Metal lol. I don't understand how people think it's Rock?

Well, whatever name you prefer to use, it's good music first and foremost :P

So anyway, he's a great singer. Wish I had his impressive vocal range :)

GoatLord said:

Corrected it for you.

PRIMEVAL said:

You don't know how many arguments I got into about Iron Maiden being Heavy Metal lol. I don't understand how people think it's Rock?

Probably because, like a lot of counter-culture music, heavy metal is grossly misunderstood. Any kind of music with screaming and distorted electric guitar often ends up being labeled as "metal," whether the music is metal-centric or not. Then you have a lot of older, traditional metal bands that are called "rock" or "hard rock" by people who simply do not know the difference between the two.

GoatLord said:

Probably because, like a lot of counter-culture music, heavy metal is grossly misunderstood. Any kind of music with screaming and distorted electric guitar often ends up being labeled as "metal," whether the music is metal-centric or not. Then you have a lot of older, traditional metal bands that are called "rock" or "hard rock" by people who simply do not know the difference between the two.

Or people who insist that Kiss is heavy metal

I think guys like Deep Purple, or Metallica in Load and ReLoad qualify as hard rock.

Probably because, like a lot of counter-culture music, heavy metal is grossly misunderstood.

But then, like a lot of counter-culture stuff that people are already prejudiced against and are going to hate anyway, it's not worth worrying if they've misclassified it.

Mind you I get pissed off at people who call penny story papers "penny dreadfuls" so yeah.