Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Nate

Doom HUD message font as a separate font for Windows?

I'm making a little picture, and I need the font used for messages ingame like whenever you pick up something.

Any help?

EDIT: Nevermind, found a good solution.

EDIT2: Disregard the previous edit.

Edited by Sgt Nate V

Since it always annoys me to come across a thread like this where the answer is unclear or unavailable, I think OP found Doom Writer. It allows the default big font and small font to be used (custom Doom fonts can also be added) to automatically print out an image from a string.

3vDwyW.png

To use the inventory message font (requested) you need to set up a custom chart in its options -> custom chart in one of its blocks. Each letter next to SMALLFONT_* corresponds to its color coding found in the help menu. Then after restarting the program with the custom chart picked enter this into the input below (assuming the SMALLFONT was set for A01):

\c[A01]Picked up a useful solution for this thread.

Hit the big generate button and there we have it, an easy way to piece together messages without having to manually piece together a message from separate image files. It can be saved through file -> save. The PNG filetype gives the option of automatically giving it a transparent background if you don't want the default cyan background for your text.

I meant a font that could be used in something like Word, but I guess that works.

Edited by Sgt Nate V

5 hours ago, Sgt Nate V said:

EDIT: Nevermind, found a good solution.

I share UndeadRyker's irritation with people who do this (you're not the only one). Please do share your solutions in future so that other people can learn if they Google it and find the thread.

Obligatory:

wisdom_of_the_ancients.png

That sprite sheet is fucking terrible. Half the graphics have been ripped with visible tearing on the top pixel row. Why do people do it this way. HOW?!

Just open doom(2).wad in SLADE and extract the lumps labelled STCFN***. Dead fucking simple.

Damnit Jimmy, can't you see "hax4ever" deserves lifelong credit for the blood, sweat and tears of ripping the Doom II logo into that sheet?