Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DynamiteKaitorn

What is your favourite secret Level?

On mercredi 21 mars 2018 at 3:02 PM, joshthenesnerd said:

honestly, my favourite secret level is  e2m9 fortress of mystery. it's a very short level, but it keeps its action solid. both rooms have difficult encounters.

I'm gonna let you in on a secret within the secret. Notice the caco corpses in the baron room? Notice the maimed baron textures in the caco room? Those are the clues that the two groups hate each other.

You're supposed to run to the door and initiate infighting between cacos and barons.

Map 31/32 of d2 was funny, but not really fond of replaying it, also i like d2twid secret way better.

D1, all of them were memorable, except e2m9, which was a letdown :P

The only thing memorable about E2M9 is how nightmarishly hard was it on 3DO. But aside from that, it's nothing special.

Original version: Tied between Military Base and Warrens (no Doom 2 or the expansion, sorry)

PSX version: The Mansion

Doom 64: Tied between The Void and Hectic

On 3/21/2018 at 2:04 AM, ShotgunDemolition said:

E1M9 Military Base is my favourite. Hiding the Secrets fits perfectly with the level and after all, it is my favourite track.

Plus, the level is small, action packed and pretty fun to navigate (being in the outdoor area, going down the stairs and blasting demons with the shotgun, e.t.c.).

A close second would be E3M9 Warrens, because the change at the end was totally unexpected. It is such a nice design choice in my opinion!

I agree. The Military Base is probably my favorite because I like that it's a secret level with secrets.

I don't understand the love for E1M9. I mean, it's a good level, but as a secret level... it's doesn't feel ANY different from the other maps in the episode.

Edited by Poncho

In playing Warrens for the first time. I have to be honest... The secret entrance into the level had me stumped. I thought it was where I needed to go to complete My. Erebus and maybe it was impossible with the Android port Delta Touch so I checked a walkthrough. I hated the fact that I was using the walkthrough, but I was under the impression I had reached a technical limitation.

I honestly thought it might be some kind of break playing the Entryway over again. Fushiz. Not. A. Break.

Overhalls is my favorite secret level. It's so secret that apparently no one besides me even knows it exists. Not even @yakfak, despite to my knowledge being the only other person to ever play the map from which you can access it.

Just now, RaphaelMode said:

Overhalls is my favorite secret level. It's so secret that apparently no one besides me even knows it exists. Not even @yakfak, despite to my knowledge being the only other person to ever play the map from which you can access it.

if I knew which games this was I'd love to have a crack trying to find it.

E2M9 is my favourite, I don't know way: maybe for gave the first epic battle, for the corpses, for the strange estructure? E3M9 is a good experiment and I would like to remember my reaction when the walls came down and saw a Cyberio pumping shit in my mouth. E4M9 is a good intense map for E4, nothing else. E1M9 and Wolfensecrets are repetitive for me. Heretic's secret levels were amazing, specially E1M9 and E2M9.

-Fortress of Mystery (I like to make infighting there).

-The Mansion from PSX Doom (I found this secret level accidentally, already when completed the game).

I'd thought this would be an easy thing to think about and answer, but I realized there were things I liked about every secret map.

Doom: E1M9 - No particular reason; I just love it.

Doom 2: MAP32 - The best map ever made for testing custom weapons and monsters. Also the best map to dick around in using console commands

TNT: MAP31 - In all fairness, it's a tie between this and MAP32. (As much as I love TNT, I absolutely hate both of its secret levels.)

Plutonia: MAP32 - My favorite secret map tied with E1M9. You'd be surprised how fun it is to cheese this thing.

E3M9 is my favorite of the original ID games. Playing it for the first time, it's quite the surprise how the level opens up and it fools you into thinking it's just a repeat of the first level. 

I really like TNT's secret levels despite not really enjoying that wad all that much. Pharoah is a cool slaughter map and I've always liked the little detail of the invisible walk way with the cyberdemon on top at the end. I also really enjoyed Caribbean, except for that ending part with the switches. Still a fun map, and I love the asthetic with the wood architecture. 

I always appreciated the Wolf3D secret maps even if their gameplay is kinda crummy. The scale being basically 2x messes with them but they’re easily the most creative and worthy of being called secrets. Go 2 It is the most fun, followed by Fear imo