Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MeetyourUnmaker

Gordon Freeman and Doomguy switch places in games

So what would happen in this scenario? Gordon Freeman and Doomguy are both silent protagonists, but Doomguy is a bravado where as Gordon is a nerd turned into bravado.

Not much different. They both have the capability to solve basic environmental puzzles, carry lots of heavy weapons, and shoot monsters. Neither of them talk, and they both wear colorful suits. I honestly can't think of much difference between the two. Who says that Doomguy wasn't a nerd before anyways? He is Commander Keen's son after all.

Well Gordon would probably smack everything with his mighty crowbar and gravity gun and not much else would probably happen or change since it's Doom.

As for what would happen in HL1 and 2, well, the sequel would probably become more similar to SMOD. I wonder how would Kleiner, Magnusson and Eli interact with Doomguy though, considering his background and specialty. I'm most intrigued by his interaction with Magnusson :v , and how will he use his device considering that he no longer has a gravity gun. That is, if they keep their respective weapons.

I think Gordon would take a slower, more methodical approach. After all, unlike Doomguy, he does have a long-distance crossbow, but nothing for mass overkill. Tau Cannon, one of his most powerful guns, is basically a railgun that won't work against spread out crowds. He'd probably crawl around vents to avoid head-on conflict whenever possible.

Doomguy would straight up nuke Black Mesa without G-Man's intervention. However, HECU would've also pulled up some super secret thingamajig just to stop the force of nature that is Doomguy from getting out of the compound. And, naturally, it would fall into his hands...

Doomguy would join forces with the HECU since they are all marines. Xen forces are completely annihilated and all government assassins KIA. And i think Adrian Shepard would do it better because he can carry all the arsenal of Freeman plus the OP4 weapons ( Desert Eagle, sniper rifle, SAW, Race X weapons and Displacer cannon which is basically a BFG with teleportation as secondary attack )

Gordon would die after immediately going through the first door in E1M1 as the door would close down on his ponytail, holding him down, as the zombiemen shoot him dead.

Doomguy would have a brain aneurysm waiting for the slow ass tram to reach its destination

15 hours ago, Kappes Buur said:

.... its sequel Paranoiac to see how that would turn out.

In fact, Maps 23 & 24 pit Gordon Freeman's partner in crime (Dr. Rolf Bellmer) against DooM's denizens. [Unfortunately, no screenshots are currently available on the project's page.

17 hours ago, Dav_NW said:

Doomguy would join forces with the HECU since they are all marines.

Hm... maybe that'll work for Opposing Force but in the original game it would probably require Doomguy to turn into an antagonist since the HECU are enemies in the original game. He'd probably kill everyone in sight this way.

On 21/3/2018 at 7:25 PM, Dav_NW said:

Doomguy would join forces with the HECU since they are all marines.

I don't think he'd do that. I mean, he did beat his officer because he ordered him to shoot on innocent civilians.

CONFIRMED: Half-DOOM, released by id Software and Valve!

"Its about the time to mess up things!

You think Gordon is the trademark just for Valve?Think again.This time, we present to you... HALF-DOOM!

Dr. Samuel gave a chance to the DOOM SLAYER to led a normal life, as UAC stopped to make any Hell experiments. But, they had a new experiments! Making a portal without any link to Hell is very difficult, and Dr. Samuel Hayden were transfered to Earth to meet up some of his good old friends.

And guess what? G-Man is the head of the UAC now! How crazy is that!? He also bring a new employee, graduated from M.I.T, Gordon Freeman!!!! DOOM SLAYER meets Freeman for the first time! The most iconic protagonist in all FPS games meets together!

But...... it doesnt last forever, as a new catastrophe event occured. Not resonance cascade. G-Man respect on human who can survive against all odds raged his body, realeasing a XenHELL wave and full-scale invasion through out the facillities.

Xen aliens fused with HELL monsters and demons.

With the release of the wave, only two buddies survived, the DOOM SLAYER and Gordon Freeman....

A guy who fights Xen aliens and a guy that fights HELL monsters, now faced a combination of the monsters....

What are you waiting for? Load your super shotgun a go for a journey with Freeman's Crowbatics skills for a whole new andventures!"

YOU WERE FOOLED!!!!!

3 hours ago, Visplane Overflow! said:

YOU WERE FOOLED!!!!!

A little premature, no? We're still 4 days away from All-Fools Day.

Even Doomguy wouldn't make Half-Life better for me.

gordon  breaks levels by jumping over monster's heads and through windows, but eventually comes across a chasm which he has to fall into, but is unable to due to fact that he takes fall damage, and has to resort to exploiting bugs in the physics engine to make it down. speedrunning community praises the game's creative use of physics bugs for progression and the player's ability to easily skip 90% of the game's content

doomguy tries to pistol-start each map but struggles to find weapons, sparking 100 page debate on doomworld over whether or not levels designed for continuous play should be legal. players are perplexed by monsterless opening levels and rate 0 stars on idgames because text file didn't specify that jumping and crouching were supposed to be enabled

Edited by xdarkmasterx

12 hours ago, Ex Oblivione said:

Doomguy can't jump....

I beg to differ. :wink:

Spoiler

Horizontal, of course.

Gordon can also bonk demons on the head with his trusty crowbar. Spider Mastermind look out! Icon of Sin is also screwed because Gordon has that jump module he can use to leap up and into the opening of his head and knock John Romero out.

Except gordon needs more diopter than doomguy there would not be that much differences i bealive because they personality are very similiar. Gordon will be only faster on dealing with puzzles and stuff like that, thought

On 3/21/2018 at 3:39 PM, Pavera said:

He is Commander Keen's son after all.

I'm gonna count all these seconds up to april 20th and that better've been deleted.

On 4/2/2018 at 1:52 AM, NoneeLlama said:

Well, there's this:

I loved that addon for gmod. Seeing cacos fighting combine is surreal.

This is also a thing that exists:

16 hours ago, [HotPocket] said:

I'm gonna count all these seconds up to april 20th and that better've been deleted.

Is this a threat?

On Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 5:30 PM, Ex Oblivione said:

When the Bogeyman goes to bed he checks his closet for Chuck Norris. When Chuck Norris goes to bed he checks his air vents for Gordon Freeman.

The Doom Marine would stare at them while they sleep, getting his knuckles cracking and making a deranged smile.

On 3/21/2018 at 10:30 PM, Ex Oblivione said:

When the Bogeyman goes to bed he checks his closet for Chuck Norris. When Chuck Norris goes to bed he checks his air vents for Gordon Freeman.

When they all go to bed they pray for the doom marine to protect them.