Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lee Killough

Jim Flynn

What dire news. My condolences to his close ones, and to the Doom community for losing one of its great pioneers.

Shit, not another one. ;_;

May he rest in peace.

Wha... What

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What were the circumstances? What happened?

This going to be hard to accept for me....

Im.... speechless

I never expected this to happen.

I don't know what to say, I'm almost speechless.

May he rest in peace.

Very sad to hear! Hope his loved ones can take some comfort in the knowledge that his work still brings a lot of people joy to this day, and will continue to do so for a great many years.

Very sad news. He was an inspiration to many & his contributions to early Doom mapping & the Boom engine paved the way for many of us here today. My condolences to his family & may he rest in peace.

Jim was one of the most creative mappers I remember from that era. Who else would try to make minesweeper in Doom?

Truly a legend. No telling what maps we could have seen from him after Boom.

I hope your passing was free of pain and fear. My condolences to all your loved ones. Thank you so much for all the time you spent on your dooming endeavours, without it, this game wouldn't be the same for me and many others. Be safe on your journey. Rest in peace.

Damn. This is a day of great sadness. Another of our best, gone, but never to be forgotten.

And in Jim's honor, a good day to die in his fantastic maps.

Fuck man, that's horrible. JFF did so much wonderful stuff in the early days of the community its a shame that he's now gone. May he rest in peace.

When I'm out of ideas (i.e. always) I load up a Flynn map, copy something he did and then do some iterative distortions until it looks like I didn't steal it. Don't judge me, I know you guys are doing it too

Bye Jim, certainly not forgotten at all.

His Master Levels were among the best -- not to mention working on Boom as well as nunerous other projects. We have truly lost one of our great creative masterminds. May he rest in peace, and may we keep his memory alive.

I'm very sad to hear about Jim's passing - I wanted for so long to know where he's been and what he'd been up to for all these years. His Enigma episode is one of my favorites, and his Titan series and Oracle wad are brilliant, and his contributions to Eternal Doom were ingenious. Add to that all of his work on the Boom engine and other utilities. He continues to inspire me in my own mapping even to this day after everything else I've played up to this point. I really wish we could have gotten to know him better, but I'm sure he had his reasons for being away. Much respect - rest easy Jim, you'll be missed.

Sad to hear about this. Do we know what age he made it to? Jim was a nice guy and an old-school programmer who was coding things before I was born. I nominated him for an Espi award a couple years back because of the breadth and relative importance of his work but it got overlooked at the time.