Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oddball Wizard

Oddball Wizard Youtube Channel

Hi there. In my first post on this forum I mentioned that I want to start a YT channel that will be dedicated to Hexen and Heretic videos. Since these 2 games is kinda neglected by comprasion with Doom, I felt it will be nice to have a channel that will be filled with videos about these specific games. And some Doom wads too!

And so, yesterday I started a channel and named it after my nickname. It's not a Let's Plays (no voice commentary), but just a walkthroughs of a various wads for these games. However, I think it would be a good idea to add some text commentaries on the videos here and there so I can spill some info about the map. In my first video the text pops up in all parts of the screen, but in the subsequent ones it all goes in a left upper corner of the screen. 

H!Zone for Heretic: Northern Dwarven Mines MAP 01

H!Zone for Heretic: Northern Dwarven Mines MAP 02

+ more vids is coming

I just started playing the H!Zone levels, but I think it will be better to play all these wads you recommended to me, I'm sure it's a lot better than this.

If there's any comments or criticism of my text comments and videos in general, I'll be glad to hear it.

I can't say for sure, but I hope I can upload at least 2 or 3 videos per day. 

I played through every level in H!Zone and believe me when I say that most levels were not that good. The Hexen ones were worse than the Heretic ones. There was one map set that did stick out to me though. It was called Destiny Children, you might want to check that one out if you have a chance.

2 hours ago, Halfblind said:

I played through every level in H!Zone and believe me when I say that most levels were not that good. The Hexen ones were worse than the Heretic ones.

IIRC the Hexen ones are there Heretic ones, run through a crappy autoconverter.  Or at least some of them were?  I have yet to actually play through any of those custom episodes in their entirety but I tried them out enough to know that some of the maps in them can actually VPO on vanilla Heretic.  In a map set from an age before source ports were a thing.