Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

The official "invictius is trying to find very specific wads" thread (Ban/spam avoidance attempt)

@Catpho suggested doing this in order to avoid getting banned.  Will it work?  I guess I'll just have to see.

Is making the starting door of a map a secret, too obvious?  And are there any wads like Helm's Deep, in particular ones where you have an enormous battle with plenty of friendlies to back you up?

Edited by invictius

Just now, invictius said:

@Catpho suggested doing this in order to avoid getting banned.  Will it work?  I guess I'll just have to see.

Is making the starting door of a map a secret, too obvious?  And are there any wads like Helm's Deep, in particular ones where you have an enormous battle with plenty of friendlies to back you up?

Yea lol

-First question: if its in vanilla, i think its a attempt to buy pass the fact that every level must have a mandatory secret, so they do this as a convenience for uv maxers,  because they dont intend secrets as a part of the gameplay of the map.

-Second question: you mean like the wad? Or the LOTR thing? Sounds pretty similar to stuff like Operation overlord.

Just now, Catpho said:

Yea lol

-First question: if its in vanilla, i think its a attempt to buy pass the fact that every level must have a mandatory secret, so they do this as a convenience for uv maxers,  because they dont intend secrets as a part of the gameplay of the map.

-Second question: you mean like the wad? Or the LOTR thing? Sounds pretty similar to stuff like Operation overlord.

Yes indeed that wad, I've never seen anything else like it - I've tried OO as well, along with a lot of Enjay's stuff, just clinging onto the hope that there's something else on that scale.

5 hours ago, invictius said:

I know @Linguica warned you to stop with such requests, but that was awhile ago, and I would've thought all was forgiven with the punchline "wads that go well with weed" thread. I guess you're concerned that this request will stray too close to that line, since he did say something about hoping that was the last such thread. If it were up to me, I'd say this is more on the legitimate side as opposed to lengthy buildup using needless queries.

Anyway, good luck on not getting yourself banned!

19 hours ago, Pegleg said:

I know @Linguica warned you to stop with such requests, but that was awhile ago, and I would've thought all was forgiven with the punchline "wads that go well with weed" thread. I guess you're concerned that this request will stray too close to that line, since he did say something about hoping that was the last such thread. If it were up to me, I'd say this is more on the legitimate side as opposed to lengthy buildup using needless queries.

Anyway, good luck on not getting yourself banned!

Granted the actual bans were both for topics in "everything else" but I did message both them and Fraggle asking about what they considered to not be spam without really hearing an answer/getting a reply in the former case.

Wad with destructible environment?  Would be pretty cool to have a locked door that would have 3000hp.

21 minutes ago, invictius said:

Wad with destructible environment?  Would be pretty cool to have a locked door that would have 3000hp.

There are breakable windows in Eternal doom and the uprising, and im sure plenty of zdoom wads have them.

Kinda sleepy right now so sorry for short and not so informative response.

16 minutes ago, Memfis said:

I think "You Dig" was all about that, never played it though.

That wad actually treats it like a spoiler

Considering Doom.wad was ~11MB and designed to run on 4MB of RAM, you already know the answer to this question.

Anyone know how big doomwadstation is?  I'm making a mirror of it but only have about 90gb of drive space left (it's about 15gb of the way in)

I can't recall ever seeing a wad that takes more than 20% health on a damaging floor.  Also never seen one take under 5%?

Also, anyone ever encountered lava that doesn't damage you?  How about water that does damage you?

Yes and yes. I remember encountering non-damaging lava but not sure on which wad. It was a badly made one though. And you can find lots of wads with damaging water. Even Plutonia has that, if I recall correctly.

4 minutes ago, Zulk RS said:

Yes and yes. I remember encountering non-damaging lava but not sure on which wad. It was a badly made one though. And you can find lots of wads with damaging water. Even Plutonia has that, if I recall correctly.

How about non-annoying/silly usage of SS nazis?

Hmm... doesn't the Wolfenstein maps from Flashback to Hell have those? My memory on that is still a bit spotty.

@invictius

You've managed to avoid getting banned so far. Congratulations.

In this thread, you've asked 6 questions (7 if you count the first post as 2 questions), getting a couple answers each time. I guess your aim to avoid a thread being called spam was to just keep asking the questions in the same thread?

For what reason are you looking for these rather specific characteristics? Are you just trying to see how far you can push the envelope?

1 hour ago, Pegleg said:

@invictius

You've managed to avoid getting banned so far. Congratulations.

In this thread, you've asked 6 questions (7 if you count the first post as 2 questions), getting a couple answers each time. I guess your aim to avoid a thread being called spam was to just keep asking the questions in the same thread?

For what reason are you looking for these rather specific characteristics? Are you just trying to see how far you can push the envelope?

I asked the mods what it was about my threads that constituted spam, so I could adjust accordingly but didn't hear back from them.  One of them, on another forum basically said "If you can't work it out for yourself, maybe you shouldn't make any".  So I'm treated like a second-class forum member that isn't allowed to have more than one thread posted, ever.  I post something that belongs in "everything else" (regarding mobility scooters and whether people would prefer loud midi over loud music from a neighbor) and it gets called spam.  I don't see anybody else generating discussion in the appropriate forum being banned.

As for your other question, I feel more inclined to play wads in order to see these unusual things that are implemented - it keeps me playing even if it's a really difficult mapset.

On 5/4/2018 at 3:01 PM, invictius said:

How about non-annoying/silly usage of SS nazis?

Play the Bloodstain megawad, "well"-placed nazis as regular monsters in most of the maps seems fine

Wad that's really easy to navigate like "real world"?  I love it, the frustration at finding a key/switch is minimal.

32 minutes ago, invictius said:

Wad that's really easy to navigate like "real world"?  I love it, the frustration at finding a key/switch is minimal.

Do you mean a wad that looks like a real setting?

The Unholy Trinity might work for you in that case.

Does doom 64 do anything basic that you can't do in vanilla?  And would it be the same size as the other iwads if it were a commercial product on the pc?

Anyone know any single player wads made by Deathmatcher? Don't recommend DTS-T; I've already played it.