Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cire

We might be getting a new unreleased beta demo of Strife

How much difference do you think there could be? With how much could get done in a short time frame back then, I imagine it's either negligible differences or half the content.

Didn't Sandy create most of episode 2 and 3 within a couple months afterall? Curious to see what the difference is.

If there is anything I am curious about it's possible unused (or early/beta) textures/flats and the like!

I Think it's quite interesting anyways. We don't know too much about it yet, but we know that the TITLEPIC is radically different atleast. I'm attacthing a copy of it for backup and a copy of the detailed file list. Also the filename is STRF1295.zip and contains four files: STRIFE.CFG dated 1996-02-10, the STRIFE0.WAD beta teaser demo IWAD, dated 1996-12-19, sized 10,650,948 bytes, which means it's even larger than teaser 1.0 and probably contains more unused/early prototype material. The STRIFE.EXE is the same date, but is interestingly smaller in size than both 1.0 and 1.1 versions at 711,473 bytes which could mean it's a more primitive less developed version that could be interesting to check out. The last file is called CUTUPS.EXE and is 111,610 bytes. No idea what that file could be though. Made SETUP.EXE renamed? You can compare the dates and sizes yourselves here: https://doomwiki.org/wiki/STRIFE.EXE and here: https://doomwiki.org/wiki/STRIFE0.WAD

DZA8R1DVMAA2HJv.jpg

DZA8TBxVMAAJp3f.jpg

Neato, can't say I'm the biggest Strife fan but I'm pretty interested in seeing what they had in store before. 

15 hours ago, Cire said:

Saw this recently:

Pretty exciting stuff.

Would be pretty interesting to see, I also liked it's deathmatch mode as I remember playing with some people via Veteran Edition.

That would be interesting to see. Im curious how much of unused data like textures, audio will be there.

Yeah, I'm eager to hear an update on this! ;)

@Quasar and I have the build, however there's some work involved in releasing it. When we have news we'll be sure to inform.