Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GlItChY

Ssg Reload Sound from Xbox Live Arcade Port

The Xbox 360 Version of The Ultimate DooM & DooM II Used Pitched Shifting But the super Shot Gun reload sounds were slowed down and Sounded better than the The normal reload so I made a Wad slows down the Ssg reload sound Made with Audacity and Slade 

XboxSsg.zip

i super love the idea since the lower pitched ssg reloading is indeed way cooler, but you made a lot of critical mistakes.

the sounds seem quieter, lower quality, are cut poorly, and you didn't even bother converting them to vanilla doom sound format, which you can do using audacity as seen here.

pls try again because I would really really like a good version of this but have no interest in putting effort into things

You didn't even need to go through all that process. Just change the playback frequency of the sounds from 22Khz to 11Khz. You can make this change with a simple hex edit from 22050 to 11025, no re-encoding needed:

eef6da6aba.png

400e68c0fe.png

And boom: 11khshot.zip

And if you're wondering, yes that's literally exactly all it takes. The slowed down sounds originating from the original-Xbox port are simply because all sounds are played back at 11Khz regardless, thus the SSG sounds play back at half the speed.

Edited by Edward850

the sound of the supershotgun of xbox seems to me excellent, but not only that sound, but of all the weapons and all the other sounds, it always seemed to me that the sounds of xbox were superior to the pc originals, you could create a wad that I have all the sounds converted, to be able to play other wads, I could do that big favor, and I tried to get those sounds for many years and I could not find them

The sounds in the Xbox version are exactly the same as they are on PC, hence why you "can't find them". Anything you're imagining different in that front, other than the explained Super Shotgun (same sound, wrong frequency), is placebo.

zI remember see sometinhg about nerve software saying you couldn't sr40 with a controller. which is untrue. I also wonder what it would take to run custom wads on a 360 version of doom.

8 hours ago, Edward850 said:

if that is it, but they are not the same, the sound of xbox sounds different, it has a distortion sound effect that for me are perfect, you made an edition of sounds that matches the sounds of the supershotgun of the xbox version, if it were possible to do that edition to all the sounds of doom 2, it is possible to do that, if that is possible, you could do it, recently try to do it and I could not, use those programs that you name (slade3, audacity), and I could not convert the sounds as you did, the other sounds do not have 11 khs, to match the other sounds to the xbox version you would have to apply the same method, you could do that, or you can not, if you can do it that way and you can not do it for lack of time, you could indicate how to do that edition

The sounds in Doom2 on the Xbox are exactly the same as they are on PC. There is no patch I can offer you other than the Super Shotgun sound. They are already 11khz on PC, and playback like such on the Xbox.

Again, the files are exactly the same, the only thing that's changed is the Xbox port makes the mistaken assumptions that all sounds are 11Khz. As every other sound is already 11Khz, there is no difference. Anything that you hear is different is either because you have pitch shifting disabled in your port of choice, or placebo.

The xbox version does indeed have much greater pitch shifting than any port I can find however, which is quite upsetting. It can sound goofy at times, but it keeps the sounds fresh when they have such an extreme range.

On 7/17/2018 at 11:39 PM, Edward850 said:

The sounds in Doom2 on the Xbox are exactly the same as they are on PC. There is no patch I can offer you other than the Super Shotgun sound. They are already 11khz on PC, and playback like such on the Xbox.

Again, the files are exactly the same, the only thing that's changed is the Xbox port makes the mistaken assumptions that all sounds are 11Khz. As every other sound is already 11Khz, there is no difference. Anything that you hear is different is either because you have pitch shifting disabled in your port of choice, or placebo.

as Bonnie says, the sounds of doom xbox have a pitch change much greater than any other port, I open the wad of doom 2 bfg edition, which has the same sound effects as doom xbox, and the sounds were the same, I thought that maybe the sounds were in the disc of that game, as you said are the same sounds of doom pc, but they sound very different, and I think it is not the effect of randomize pitch, or will be that effect, activate that effect in prboom and gzdoom and it does not look much like doom xbox, the sounds of the super shotgun that you made sounds different to the super shotgun of doom pc, like another example the sound of the chaingun or the plasma, the plasma in pc sounds noisy, in xbox it sounds more clean, there would be no way to create an effect that resembles those sounds to use in other ports, or just the sound of the supershotgun is the only thing that can be obtained from doom xbox, I mean sound effects similar to xbox