Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InfamousGreed

What is your favorite Heavy Metal Band?

On 4/8/2018 at 10:50 PM, Grimosaur said:

...I don't listen to heavy metal or any kind of metal at all...

Everytime I post in the 'What are you listening to?' thread I always look super out of place when I post some random jazz fusion album while every one else is posting death metal.

Why you gotta pick death metal of all things mate. Hahahahaha.

Of all forms of metal, death metal and jazz are probably the closest related. From jazzy death metal, to absolutely brutal jazz, I've got it all on my HDD.

Fun fact, the blast beat as popularized in death metal, black metal, grindcore and other extreme forms of music is originally from jazz music.

@FractalBeast

I don't see any jazz musicians pledging their allegiance to Satan so I dunno dude. I mean when I said jazz fusion there I basically mean stuff like this, and I don't see this having any resemblence to death metal whatsoever.

...Btw I don't really remember why on earth I made that comment. I don't know why I have to say I don't listen to heavy metal in a thread about heavy metal bands. Maybe just so I look cool mentioning that I listen to jazz ._. ? Though I do swear that every single album in the What are you listening to thread back then was all metal.

All-time favourite metal bands (any metal genre) are Judas Priest, Nightwish, Gloryhammer, Dream Theater, Symphony X, Metallica. My No.1 though would have to be In Flames.

Ozzy - Crazytrain cover

+my versions of Ozzy - Crazytrain and a Doom track and others (Black Sabbath, Tallica, KoЯn, NIИ...)

Edited by Jaromir Bergmann

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:59 PM, Doomkid said:

ROFL I've heard people talk about Baby Metal here and there but I guess I had no idea what it is. I once saw a video of some 8-9 year olds playing metal quite well, so every time I've ever heard someone say Baby Metal I figured they were talking about a band of literal children. Idk why, I just connected the two. Now I know what it actually is.. Oh and if people give you shit for listening to something that just reaffirms it's legitimacy imo. Not that it matters but to my ears this just sounds like (pretty cool) credits music to some action packed anime, you could do way worse.

LOL! When I first heard them I was like " this is fucking really strange" but ,I thought it sounded very different and I became a fan.

Some of their stuff does sound quite anime now you mention it but then again the whole BabyMetal 'thing' is extremely Japanese.