Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CaptainManiac

Camera Textures without trigger????

Question

I wanna make a improvised portal for my Zandronum map and i need to set camera textures to the parts of the map i want to render the destination of the "portal" in,but i see this special needs a trigger.Is there a way to set them without trigger?

14 answers to this question

and i face another problem:i use teleport target with Z Height and gravity and every possible trigger but i cant teleport silently using action special.How to fix this?

Are you using Linedef action 71, Teleport (silent)? If not this might be why your teleport isn't silent.

4 minutes ago, dmg_64 said:

Are you using Linedef action 71, Teleport (silent)? If not this might be why your teleport isn't silent.

I use it,but it does not even teleport,i use sector action for doing it and when walking into the sector there is not even a teleport to the destination sector.I also tried with a line use,with a line walk over,with a line bump and nothing,nothing and nothing.And this is in UDMF

This usually happens when there's no teleport destination set in the linedef special arguments, Make sure you tag your teleport destination and set that tag in your Teleport linedef action argument, if you're using GZDoom Builder it should highlight the teleport destination when you hover over your linedef with that special set.

Also enable "Repeatable action".

1 minute ago, dmg_64 said:

This usually happens when there's no teleport destination set in the linedef special arguments, Make sure you tag your teleport destination and set that tag in your Teleport linedef action argument, if you're using GZDoom Builder it should highlight the teleport destination when you hover over your linedef special.

Also enable "Repeatable action".

in GZDOOM Builder it seems to be ready to work,but in Zandronum it does not work.I set the destination sector with tag of 68 and the teleport thing tag to 11

Try using only Teleport destination tag, change Target sector tag to 0 in your Teleport linedef argument.

because i heard in Zandronum that there is not possible to make a pass through portal or stacked sector.Is it possible to make a portal that is passable,interactive and be over and under passabe without glitches cus 3d floors are not always rendered

Zandronum does not support wall portals (yet). I know because I tried it. I have not tried ceiling/floor portals.

What problems are you having with 3D floors? I use them all the time in my UDMF maps for Zandronum.

2 hours ago, Empyre said:

Zandronum does not support wall portals (yet). I know because I tried it. I have not tried ceiling/floor portals.

What problems are you having with 3D floors? I use them all the time in my UDMF maps for Zandronum.

I tried to make a buolding from a normal sector floor as walls and 3d floor geometry for other floors and the ceiling.I have also set tag 1 to the main area to make it sinkable and without glithes when it sinks below the water plane,and to prevent HOMs and warping.Well,in GZDB the floors randered well,in Zandro they did not.After that i tried to make camera textures and teleporters,but teleporters went Baron,just like the 3D floors.The portals as are not supported did not work.My project is only to go to the painsaw :(.It was made for a fucking contest,for God's sake :(

Maybe it would help if you used a swimmable 3D floor for the water instead of transfer heights, or maybe not, but it's something to try. Then again having too many 3D floors can cause bad framerates.