Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bauul

Elementalism, an ambitious new GZDoom mapset. Phase 1 out now!

This is looking better and better with every update you post. Incredible scenery and architecture and now an original soundtrack as well? I can say without hesitation that I'm looking forward to this more than most AA or AAA games that are being released these days. Keep up the amazing work!

I can wait to play this. All those screenies looks damn good, love especially the atmosphere in them. Keep up such a amazing and good luck to the rest of the project.

22 hours ago, Bauul said:

jHbo9O8.png

I can see those light reflections in the water. Are you making PBR materials?

22 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

I can see those light reflections in the water. Are you making PBR materials?

Potentially yes!  It depends if we can write a shader that looks as good in basic Doom sector lighting as with dynamic lights.  Ideally I'd like to, but not at the expense of making it look too out-of-sync with the rest of the graphics.  

3 hours ago, Bauul said:

Potentially yes!  It depends if we can write a shader that looks as good in basic Doom sector lighting as with dynamic lights.  Ideally I'd like to, but not at the expense of making it look too out-of-sync with the rest of the graphics.  

Holy shit, it would be fantastic if you guys managed to pull that off!

Haha. Thanks for the kind words Bauul! This whole team is just great and I am honored to be working with you guys!

I was watching your stream when you started on this map and it was quite fascinating to see something like this being made from scratch. Not to mention that your command of GZDB comes awfully close to wizardry to someone who knows virtually nothing about mapping. Very impressive stuff!

Finally I can appreciate those shots on my laptop screen. Very awesome indeed, love the lighting and the mood in there.

Truly an honour to be composing for this project. That landscape is fucking incredible. Though out of interest, how come some of the lava falls are kinda dark?

wow, it looks amazing. i‘m looking forward running through these gorgeous halls with 1 fps on my old laptop, gaping on the architecture and cursing because of my slow hardware at the same time ;-)

19 hours ago, Bauul said:

The maps for this project are very much a labour of love though so we're taking a slow and steady route rather than pushing for any deadlines.

Good things take time. Rest assured that I'll be playing this as soon as it gets released! I'll even skip school just to play this if I need to. :P

Every new Elementalism screenshot I see only multiplies my hype levels for it by 50.

Hurry it along, I wanna play this already! :P

Literally went "holy shit" at the first screenshots, then just devolved into incoherent noise by the time I got to the bullet hell gif. Hats off to everyone involved in this project, you're doing incredible work.