Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bauul

Elementalism, an ambitious new GZDoom mapset. Phase 1 out now!

25 minutes ago, dragon flame said:

is the mod still in the works? 

Update posts:

23rd June 2018 - new Fire and Dark Episode screenshots

2nd September 2018 - new Dark and Air Episode screenshots

27th October 2018 - Introducing Clay as our model maker, plus new Dark, Water and Fire Episode screenshots

12th March 2019 - Introducing our amazing music composer team, plus new Fire and Water Episode screenshots

1st December 2019 - A sneak preview of our fully custom OST, plus new Water, Earth, Air and Fire episode screenshots

8th April 2020 - A new Hub and a new Hud, plus new Earth and Fire episode screenshots

6th October 2020 - Earth episode preview

I don't see any reason why would they cancel the project. Development of a wad can take years. Modders need to make a living too. Be patient.

Reminds me of Hexen 2, which is not bad at all actually.

"Better and better." 👌

6 hours ago, <<Rewind said:

Is it vanilla compatible?

Hide contents

just kidding

did Bauul ever tell yall the story of the time I tried to test one of these maps in software mode

I've been seeing this thread pop up a few times while I was just a lurker on here, and now that I remembered I had an account, all I want to say is everything about this that I've seen looks absolutely amazing. Including those stairs. How am I excited about a set of stairs? idk, but I am.

On 2/20/2021 at 6:54 AM, Bauul said:

Yes, very much so. It's been on the back-burner for a few months while I focused on the Micro-Slaughter Community Project, but the next map is coming along nicely. I'll do a full update with a bunch of new screenshots in the coming weeks when that's finished.

Edit: And as proof, here are a couple of screenshots from this week! :-)

NWQD547.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210213_192431.png

Insanely beautiful! I couldn't have in my wildest dreams in 2001 imagine egypt themed stuff like this when considering to do an egyptian episode for Brotherhood of Ruin :D so amazing and looking forward to it!!!

There are regular updates and talk about the mod over at the Hellforge Discord server, if anyone reading this is interested.

On 2/20/2021 at 7:49 AM, Major Arlene said:

It's still very much in progress. Here's a tweet about some cool stairs you guys will be seeing :D

I loathe to use a repetitive meme but it is the only thing I can think of.

WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!

OH BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, still hyped.

Goodness sakes, that moving interactive staircase. Straight up UDMF pushes things to ungodly bounds here!

woah! that turning staircase... perhaps that turning staircase will forever be a turning point in the history of classic doom maps to start having such movable objects/platforms. the first known instance of such moving objects/platforms - the turning staircase, just like the legendary first [invisible staircase] in [doomsday of uac] (source:https://doom.fandom.com/wiki/Doomsday_of_UAC). heads up, doom wiki!

[edit:]

sorry, but i've been itching to say this regarding that turning staircase - "it is the legend" :D

(reference to the movie [dune]). tq.

Edited by saibog

On 4/25/2021 at 10:24 PM, Bauul said:

The Wand of Elements

So, how is it handled by autoaim? What's the intended way to play the wad: with freelook or without?

3 hours ago, dmslr said:

So, how is it handled by autoaim? What's the intended way to play the wad: with freelook or without?

Freelook will certainly make things easier, and is what I ultimately designed the mapset with in mind, but it is perfectly playable with autoaim. One of our testers uses keyboard only, and has successfully beaten all the finished maps on UV.

Duude, that's staircase is something unbelievable. It's crazy how far has Gzdoom come

This may be a dumb question idk, but since this is being released in phases, will I be able to keep and use my save file when phase 2 comes out, or will I have to start over? Or are the phases distinct WADs?

13 minutes ago, TJG1289 said:

This may be a dumb question idk, but since this is being released in phases, will I be able to keep and use my save file when phase 2 comes out, or will I have to start over? Or are the phases distinct WADs?

They will be distinct wads.  I haven't fully worked out how I'm going to approach Phase 2 yet - it could well be that rather than fully finishing episodes 4-6 and then doing a second major release (which honestly could be many years from now), I do a rolling Beta release where individual maps get added piecemeal over time (basically the Sunder approach).  It's all up in the air though currently.

Essentially I am treating Phase 1 as a fully standalone, feature-complete release.  Phase 2 realistically won't be completed this side of 2030.

jfc this looks like it could be an older AAA title, if it weren't for doom's sprites i would've thought these were just screenshots of some game from the early 2000s

how tf do you people do this stuff

Super Hyped for this. Been following this project since the first screenshots were revealed, and they Look Gorgeous.