Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

Favorite Doom/Doom Engine Game?

Definitely the first Doom. I can appreciate the additions of the sequel, but I prefer the distinct styles of the episodes and the overall level design of the first part. Doom 2 always seemed a bit "hurried" to me.

Favorites:
Ultimate Doom - for maps
Doom 2 - for monster cast
PSX Doom - for music and sound effects
Heretic - for medieval magic atmosphere

Ultimate Doom.  While I like the increased variety of monsters in Doom 2, I rather like the episodic structure of Ultimate Doom.  Bonus points for having Thy Flesh Consumed in it.

Favorite Doom game has to be Doom 2, the increased enemy variety and the Super Shotgun all makes the gameplay more fun and enjoyable. The focus on abstract level design kept me engaged throughout, and from what I see, influenced the gameplay of some of my favorite PWADs.

Favorite Doom engine game (that is not Doom) is Hexen, I like classes and hub system. A shame there isn't more custom maps out there for it because I had a ton of fun as the Mage, especially with his 4th weapon at a group of enemies.

Probably Strife, cause i'm obsessed with Deus Ex style games, but as far as a proper balls to the walls shooter goes, i pick Doom 2.

Ultimate Doom for maps and episode estructure, although Doom II began a new age of playability.

Hexen for magical thematic, hub estructure and multiple characters.

HeXen: For pure gameplay value

DooM/2: For pure modding value