Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wobbo

Doom Machinanima (sorry if thats spelled wrong)?

Has it been done? Is it even posible?

Making "movies" out of recorded demos, like in quake "BLahbalicious", Apartment huntin etc. I thought of this because i was surfing planetquake and saw q3 movies, and had totally forgot it could be done

I don't know of any downloads out there, but I have been told that Doom recamming is possible.

DOOM is no different than any other FPS game as far as ripping/recamming is concerned.
besides the 2 specific camming tools already made(but never finished) there is the QDQ recamming.
Look at the Machinima page for these tools; screenshot capture tools are really simple... rippers are better.

One map pack (I think it was called Dark7 or something) had a brief intro to the big boss battle, which was nice.

I hope someone does a machinima of Doom with the Doom 3 engine when the time comes.

Speaking of these Doom machinimas, are there any available for download anywhere?

The "movies" done using Quake engines that I've seen were of low quality. The ones that use the engine and are then passed to AVI are among the worst... the voice acting crowning the crappiness. This does not mean there isn't potential. I'm sure zdoom, for instance, with its scripting and special features, could be used to make interesting stuff. Sticking close to how the game normally performs can help but something more unusual may work out, who knows.

Were all those speedrunning movies on Compet-N recorded with doom2.exe? If so, does it count as a Doom machinima? o_o

myk said:

The "movies" done using Quake engines that I've seen were of low quality. The ones that use the engine and are then passed to AVI are among the worst... the voice acting crowning the crappiness. This does not mean there isn't potential. I'm sure zdoom, for instance, with its scripting and special features, could be used to make interesting stuff. Sticking close to how the game normally performs can help but something more unusual may work out, who knows.

I think "Escape from the Bastille" (originally intended to be Quake: The Movie) was pretty decent. Cheesy yet decent.

Linguica said:

D2DQ was recammed, and it's pretty awesome.

Where can an unenlightened being like myself gain access to this mighty tome of power?