Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom dude

a wad with more than a map?

hi, help me up here guys

with the help of the forum, i managed to make a .wad containing some custom sprites for the map i'm making, but now i want to merge both the map and the custom sprites into one, so i can upload it without having to upload more than 1 wad. how can i do this?

Well, first you need open your map in slade and custom sprites. Below you need create new entries in your map(below last map lump) S_START and S_END and include your sprites between those entries. Don't forget include DECORATE(if you use zdoom stuff) or DEHACKED lumps(for boom or vanilla). 

2 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

Well, first you need open your map in slade and custom sprites. Below you need create new entries in your map(below last map lump) S_START and S_END and include your sprites between those entries. Don't forget include DECORATE(if you use zdoom stuff) or DEHACKED lumps(for boom or vanilla). 

the wad with the sprites is all ready, with the S_END and START markers and stuff. i'm using a doom 2 wad to build the map, should i get a doom 2 wad, remove the maps(but keep everything else) and simply add my map there?

Just now, Myst.Haruko said:

They must be in your wad, not in Doom 2 iwad. 

i'm not understanding. the entries to the custom stuff are already there. i just open the map on slade and thats it?

I mean, those sprites must be in your wad, copy-pasted from resources. Like in screenshot(I just replaced some stuff, because I work with boom):

113.png

1 minute ago, Myst.Haruko said:

I mean, those sprites must be in your wad, copy-pasted from resources. Like in screenshot(I just replaced some stuff, because I work with boom):

113.png

i think i got it, the vanilla stuff will be loaded outside of the wad, so i dont have to include every single monster/texture/sprite etc on it, just the info for the map

If you want custom textures/sprites/music to appear on your wad, you must merge resources in one in your map. Copy and paste content between respective entries below last map lump. 

Sorry for double post.

PP_START and PP_END is for textures
FF_START and FF_END is for flats
S_START and S_END for sprites(in some cases you need DECORATE or DEHACKED)
For music replacement you need replace music lump like D_RUNNIN or D_ROMERO

For more information you can dig Doom wiki or zdoom wiki sites and open megawads to see how they done that. 

58 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

If you want custom textures/sprites/music to appear on your wad, you must merge resources in one in your map. Copy and paste content between respective entries below last map lump. 

i should say, i'm new to this so im kinda slow to understand all right now.

so correct me if im wrong. im going to add my map to the .wad, it will have all the info about sectors, linedefs etc etc. after this, i insert my custom stuff, using the markers you described. after that, its ready.

did i got it?

Yes. You can put wad here if you need be sure if you did everything right.