Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

.bat File Placement For GZDoom?

Batch files are command line scripts. Back in the day, wads were run in DOS from the command line. Batch files could be included as a convenience if a wad split resources into multiple files. Instead of typing 'doom2 -file hellheck.wad hhres.wad hhmusic.wad -deh nazicyb.deh' into the command line every time to play, you could simply type 'hellheck' to run a hellheck.bat that did all of that. 

So you can ignore them -- they won't do anything unmodified anyway -- and run multi-file wads the way you normally do.

Edited by rdwpa

2 hours ago, rehelekretep said:

eh? are you talking about .bat files youve created or found in .zips with wads?

Found in a zip with wad files.

2 hours ago, rdwpa said:

Batch files are command line scripts. Back in the day, wads were run in DOS from the command line. Batch files could be included as a convenience if a wad split resources into multiple files. Instead of typing 'doom2 -file hellheck.wad hhres.wad hhmusic.wad -deh nazicyb.deh' into the command line every time to play, you could simply type 'hellheck' to run a hellheck.bat that did all of that. 

So you can ignore them -- they won't do anything unmodified anyway -- and run multi-file wads the way you normally do.

Really?

I still use bat files though, for loading multiple files at once in the order I want. I'm too old school for mod loaders when Windows has a built in mod loader utility.

1 hour ago, Nevander said:

I'm too old school for mod loaders

Lol, here I am, like 10 years older than you and living in the now ;p

I need to show you how to set up some Skyrim mods, I don't think you'll have a good time not using Mod Organizer.