Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Misty

Pigeon Speedmapping 5 -- X-Files(uploaded in idgames)

Just a reminder. 2 days and a half remains for the session. Since we'll use aa-tex and the other minor pack, it's best to think the layout or prepare it on paper in the meantime.

That's nice to hear. I'll join to the second, because of some family reasons.

Themes for the session are:

- Place 333 things (decorations, obstacles and other things are also included in the count)
- Sky/Alien maps, go ham with those good looking maps
- Use actions that change the texture of the floor, like the donut action.

10 minutes remaining before start!!!

The session is over. If you have most of the map finished (in a playable state) and still you have to do details, post it here

Finished.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/d5r64wo6bn3yydr/nrojo.zip

Pigeon speedmapping 5 map by riderr3

Title: Noho on the rojo
Themes used: 333 things, change floor textures.
Build Time: almost 3 hours
New Music: Loverboy - Working For The Weekend.mid
Other files required: aa-tex.wad

P.S. Played out with some hexagons and curves.

Edited by riderr3

Ok folks, time to announce the bonus theme before it starts.

- Bonus theme is that you use platforming in areas.

Also, a little reminder. This second session will last for 4 hours. Use it well :)

10 minutes remaining.

Do I have to do the conversion to the aa palete myself? I'm asking mostly because I don't know how to do it :S.

You can leave it unpaletted, because I have resources paletted already(for obvious reasons), unless you included your own textures. 

Ok, I'm leaving this screenshot. Obviously, resources should be in Doom palette and conversion should go on global settings. 

127.png

Name: Sky Temple

Themes used: Placed 333 things

Build time: 4 hours

MIDI used: Fallen Sun by Jimmy, used in Reverie

skytem.zip

Thank you all who participated. I'll be sure to make beta next week, after small break. Now feel free to fix errors and submit changes here or on discord. 

Author: Mysterious Haruko
Map name: Infested plains(wip name)
Build time: above 4 hours
Music :not yet
Textures: aa-tex, kbc-tex
Themes:333 things, platforming

violet Mysterious Haruko v 1.zip

I tried to make a map but unfortunately I wasn't able to get a remotely finished product done in time this time around :( I will just finish my map and release it separately in its own thread, possibly with that remake/expansion of my eagle 7 map which is *still* in development hell despite me saying I would work on it for nova 3...

Well, beware of palette thing if you combine both maps in one wad. Oh well, good luck, sad that you couldn't submit map in time. 

Fix for my map:

- Added a few monsters (the map still has 333 things)

- Rebalanced the ammo for the map so it can be a bit harder in difficulty (I placed too much ammo for it)

- Fixed a door in the blue key area (it's locked now)

- Made the platforms at the end way separated from each other

- The sky is damaging, so I added damage at the end area (which I forgot)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyscidgqtgno1x4/skytem.zip?dl=1

OK folks, the first beta is out. We need some serious feedback because the maps aren't sorted out yet to have a proper progression. We'll appreciate a lot for that feedback and also, thanks for the mappers who participated in this session. I also like to thank @Kurashikifor the cool interpic!!! <3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gy0dfr7wbr5cjap/pigeon05_beta_1.2.zip?dl=1

Did a pack of FDAs.

What seems like an ideal order to me:

05 by NuclearPotato: Managed to get down to 39% health because I was fooling around, but definitely the map most suited to be an opener, with its brevity and monster composition.  

04 by Haruko: This was a really fun map. Not too tough but very action-packed and dynamic. There were a suitably 'spammy' amount of monsters for the outdoor area. That last monster was amazing. :) As good as many skillsaw maps of similar size. Haruko is steadily improving. 

01 by Riderr3: Tight and claustrophobic map, has a few dangerous moments. The gimmick elements are relatively intuitive. Cacodemons were released at a point where they could have infinite-heighted me. 

03 by Leodoom: I actually got closer to death here than in any other map (even 02), but it's a short map, and I only got so close because that one monster revealed where it is is quite unfair imo. :P Remove that particular monster -- should be obvious which I'm referring to -- and it goes before 01.

02 by Forli: Progression stumped me because one of the jumps actually needed SR50 (at least I didn't see a proper SR40 angle), but it also looked like there was a rocky bridge that would raise, so I wasted time looking around for that instead of trying the jump over and over which would have yielded much earlier success. Cool map. Action-packed. Bleh, I suck at platforming lol. Combination of length and potential lethality and 'grandeur' makes it a good closer. 

Overall an awesome set. Only five maps, but probably one of the strongest speedmap compilations in recent times due to the aesthetics and no maps sucking. :P 

Edited by rdwpa

fdas noisy_pigeon05_beta_1.2.zip

I died a few times on Forli's map near the end, so just dnf'd and went to the next maps.

after getting past the meat of the map, you plummet into the final cybie/hellknight setpiece which wrecked me hard.

Cool map though.  

also, some people seem to be confusing "platforming" with "4shockblatforming".  The former is a means of traversing a map with interesting layout geometry; the latter is a precise exercise of movement skills over a series of narrow pillars.  It's like the difference between Iron Maiden and Death Metal music, or something i dunno.

3 hours ago, rdwpa said:

03 by Leodoom: I actually got closer to death here than in any other map (even 02), but it's a short map, and I only got so close because that one monster revealed where it is is quite unfair imo. :P Remove that particular monster -- should be obvious which I'm referring to -- and it goes before 01.

I'll check the fda now and I have some idea who can it be......not the zombieman for sure

@rdwpaI saw the FDA and I know what I'll do for the fixes. The yellow key area can be funnily skipped if you want but for 100% kills, there's a safe way to do that unharmed. I'll post some demo later for it after I'm done with the fix.

@rdwpa Now that I take another look, that jump was more difficult than I intended and can get confusing, I'll fix it if updates are still accepted.

Also I've placed the switch in the platforming room somewhere easier to find and I fixed a couple of mmmidtextures that looked wrong.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qmrn055eraz662t/PI5.zip

(100 posts! I like the title of "mini-member" but oh well)