Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gothic

PLUTONIA 4 Released! (April Fools Megawad)

y'know i loaded this up expecting maybe 5-9 maps, some good lighthearted fun.... but to my surprise was this AMAZING, FAITHFUL recreation of what the Casalis envisioned for a true Plutonia sequel, a whole megawad's worth infact! Fantastic work Gothic, your work will not go unnoticed. IMO they should just rename the Cacowards to the Gothicwards and make this the sole winner.  

Gusta, Darkwave, Xaser better eat their heart out, this is true plutonia mapping!

Edited by Catpho

Professional Doom mapping has never been better.

SjIrwMQ.gif

This also deserves WAD of the Year for the Intermission screen alone.

Edited by GuyNamedErick : Fixed minor spelling error.

37 minutes ago, cyan0s1s said:

I sense an early April Fools. IDK. Just a hunch.

I suspect.  Release candidate needs more work. This already in map01 ...

1. All doortraks need lower unpegging.
2. Lowers of lines 242/243 etc. need BLOODRIP1.
3. Wrong ceiling flat sectors 5 and 48.
4. Wrong floor & ceiling flats sectors 44 and 45.
5. Lines 477, 469 and 227 should have been slightly north of sector sector 57, then a-grate would have tiled correctly.

1 hour ago, Ajora said:

This looks really good.

mFZbmlH.jpg

It really does, but this wad also looks nice.

This look like very exciting and fun megawad. Going to take a look tonight and i believe it will be fun.

Ok, mostly unfunny crap and waste of effort, but I have to praise you for creating Map23. That was really clever, I'm jealous of your creativity.

26 ("Slaughtermap"): the section behind the red door is abysmal with all those pointless ledge snipers that force a couple minutes of cleanup while posing no threat, but the rest of the map is decent when played aggressively (meaning getting up in things' faces with the BFG and not camping indefinitely while cybs infight things), surprising for a jokewad. 

Edited by rdwpa

I am torn. I'm not sure if these are early 90's Doom2 archives maps, re-skinned for Plutonia, or a really good mapper doing his best to make maps in the style of the early 90's; "if Plutonia had existed in 1994". I smiled.

And isn't that the best kind of joke? When you're not sure if it's a joke? I miss Andy Kaufman.

9 hours ago, GuyNamedErick said:

Professional Doom mapping has never been better.

SjIrwMQ.gif

woRy7eb.gif

but enjoying so far

This is glorious- I am playing it right now!

Lil note though- whyisthisathing.mid was made by me and not Eris Falling~

11 minutes ago, Fuzzball said:

This is glorious- I am playing it right now!

Lil note though- whyisthisathing.mid was made by me and not Eris Falling~

Sorry about that, I'll fix the credits on the final release.

Doesn't want to give review until i finish this wad but some music doesn't fit the map and there are few level design errors like "sky crusher" or "water lift" and map03 was one of worst map i ever played to be honest. those are just standard rooms connected with stanard hall, everything looks same and there is nothing what helping to guide player where to go. But maps have nice 90's feeling and gameplay is nicely challenging in most part but some areas need little bitt work on gameplay. 

On 1. 4. 2018 at 6:15 AM, Gothic said:

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKE

I must say you got me :D nice job

Map29 was worth the download. I recommend it to anyone who liked the original pl29 and that kind of city map.

The grim reality of this being a joke wad was inevitable.

Anyway congrats on the April fools/trolling front, made me laugh.

final version is up it is finally done please record lots of demos please ok thnks bye

I would really appreciate if you fix the problem "when IDDQD is activated, using the automap will crash the game (PrBoom+ 2.514)"...

18 after was tiresome. Why not make in this case only the beginning copied from the previous level? The subsequent path needs more interesting, preferably without this monotonous parkour.