Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

[v2.0] The Adventures of Square: EPISODE 2: GALACTIC LUNACY

6 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Two bits of exciting news from Bigbrik Games: we now have an official public Discord server for The Adventures of Square, and a Mapper's Development Kit has now been put together for Episodes 1 and 2 to make it easier for you to make your own maps!

Awesome stuff, can't wait to see what people do with these resources.

If the first 2 episodes are any indication, the final ep (ep 3) is going to be one for the ages.  

I first never planned to play this thing, because it is not something I want in DooM, but then I tried it and it grow to my heart. It is awesome stuff and I like it.

I am excited for third episode. Is there any chance of Adventures of Indiana Cones game to be developed?

So I'm on level two of the first episode, and I go to throw a box, and it crashes. Says that it basically can't call to the "lower box" function.

I've tried redownloading the mod, no luck. All the necessary keys are bound as well. Not sure what's going on.

Are you on an up to date copy of GZDoom, @CasualScrub? On the flipside, perhaps the most up to date version of GZDoom broke something? It certainly worked for me alright when I played it last.

1 hour ago, Dragonfly said:

Are you on an up to date copy of GZDoom, @CasualScrub? On the flipside, perhaps the most up to date version of GZDoom broke something? It certainly worked for me alright when I played it last.

When the Adventures of Square is done, you can make levels for it.

2 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Yup, both the stable release and the latest dev build, both have the same issue.

4 hours ago, CasualScrub said:

So I'm on level two of the first episode, and I go to throw a box, and it crashes. Says that it basically can't call to the "lower box" function.

Oh yeah that’s due to GZDoom 3.7.2 

Jimmy and co are well aware of the issue on the discord and I’m sure they’ll fix it in the next release. 

In the meantime, GZDoom 3.3.1 works fine with square which is the version of GZDoom that comes in the square standalone package on their itch.io page. 

http://adventuresofsquare.com/downloads.php

IIRC the "without a valid caller" means that the weapon code is trying to keep running after removing itself from existence. GZDoom no longer accepts such a behavior.

It makes sense for the crates: when you use it, you drop it, so it removes the "create weapon" from the player's inventory, but at this point, since the player no longer has the create weapon in inventory, the create weapon can no longer keep running its weapon code.

A fix is coming, but also with a whole slew of other tweaks and fixes.

Sit tight, everybody.

9 hours ago, MTrop said:

A fix is coming, but also with a whole slew of other tweaks and fixes.

Sit tight, everybody.

Does that also include Episode 3? [/half-joking]

27 minutes ago, Master O said:

Does that also include Episode 3? [/half-joking]

Unfortunately, no. But the main fixes are the multiplayer desync bug, the crate crash, shortening E2A3 a tiny bit, and managing ambiance and effect spawners better for performance reasons.

When is E3 coming out?

BTW, I really like the art. It feels like really good programmer art. 

This thread has been dormant for more than three months. You should carefully consider if your reply is relevant enough to warrant bumping the thread.

@Jimmy

Inquiring minds want to know:

How's ep 3 coming along? 

One of the best DOOM mods I've ever played! Can't wait for episode 3. ;)

Now, has someone created any custom maps for The Adventures of Square? If so, where are they available?