Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jewellds

DOOM, but every sound is my voice (including the music)

Posted (edited)

What is this?
JewellVoice is a Doom modification that replaces every sound effect with my voice. Similar WADs have been done before, but I took it a step further by creating a SoundFont that makes every instrument my voice as well!

Why?
Because... April Fools. It still counts if it's the evening where I live. Right? RIGHT?

How long did this take?
A month, give or take. Most of that was spent on creating the soundfont.

Download:
The project comes with two files - a vanilla compatible WAD file, and a SF2 soundfont that needs to be loaded through a software synthesiser such as SynthFont. They have been packaged separately due to the soundfont's large filesize, or for those that only want the sound wad.

Google Drive - WAD SF2
Dropbox - WAD SF2

Instructions:
For best results, I'd advise a sourceport that has FluidSynth built in, such as GZDoom or Prboom-Plus. Detailed instructions in the spoiler:

Spoiler

Instructions for GZDoom version 3.3.0 and later

In the newest releases of GZDoom, selecting a soundfont no longer requires messing with config files - making the process a lot easier.

Place the JewellVoice.sf2 file in the "Soundfonts" subfolder, and start GZdoom with jewellvoice.wad.

In options->sound options, make sure "Midi Device" is set to to "FluidSynth".

In the same menu, choose "Midi Replayer Options", Choose "FluidSynth", and under "Select Configuration" choose "JewellVoice".

Thanks to RikohZX at the ZDoom forums for the tip!

Instructions for older versions of GZDoom

Place the WAD file and sf2 file in your Zdoom directory.

Make sure your copy of Gzdoom has a libfluidsynth.dll, fluidsynth.dll or a libfluidsynth64.dll.

Make a copy of your config file (usually gzdoom-YourName.ini) and rename it to something like jewellvoice.ini

In the newly created ini, find "fluid_patchset=" and set it to "fluid_patchset=JewellVoice.sf2" (no quotes).

Run gzdoom from the command line like this:

gzdoom -file jewellvoice.wad -config jewellvoice.ini

If you don't hear an amazing rendition of the music, go to options->sound options and set "Midi Device" to "FluidSynth".

Instructions for PrBoom-Plus/GlBoom-Plus

Place the WAD file and sf2 file in your Prboom-Plus directory.

Make sure your copy of PrBoom-Plus has a libfluidsynth.dll, fluidsynth.dll or a libfluidsynth64.dll.

Make a copy of your config file (prboom-plus.cfg or glboom-plus.cfg, depending on the port) and rename it to something like jewellvoice.cfg

In the newly created cfg, set these paramaeters to these values:

snd_midiplayer            "fluidsynth"
snd_soundfont             "JewellVoice.sf2"

Run PrBoom-Plus or GlBoom-Plus from the command line like this:

Prboom-Plus -file jewellvoice.wad -config jewellvoice.cfg

Edited by Jewellds : Updated instructions to include GZDoom 3.3.x